The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lowering the drivers seat

+16
Molly3
shipbadger
breakaleg
gpilky
marconi
Paulmold
Greyhound
Caraman
Casagodfrey
rose49f
Gromit
rogerblack
Mike187
steamdrivenandy
RogerThat
Brunothedog
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lowering the drivers seat - Page 2 Empty Re: Lowering the drivers seat

Post by groundhog Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:40 pm

kobran hand brake extender, there was also a later version made in the UK. The kobran came from Sweden, I turned down the chance to be UK distributer, another mistake!! hugegrins

They are quite good but have to be REALLY tight otherwise will slip after a time.

Back to OP, had a similar problem with our old Autocruise on a Peugeot chassis. With the sun visors down found they blocked a lot of vision. Solved the problem by fitting drivers one passenger side and vice versa, that was a 2006 so probably different now!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:13 pm

groundhog wrote:kobran hand brake extender, there was also a later version made in the UK. The kobran came from Sweden, I turned down the chance to be UK distributer, another mistake!! hugegrins

They are quite good but have to be REALLY tight otherwise will slip after a time.

Back to OP, had a similar problem with our old Autocruise on a Peugeot chassis. With the sun visors down found they blocked a lot of vision. Solved the problem by fitting drivers one passenger side and vice versa, that was a 2006 so probably different now!
I was going to post another link to a lowered seat base, but the OP hasn't been back to the forum since August 30th, so there's not much point.  shrugg
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:28 pm

Gromit wrote:
groundhog wrote:kobran hand brake extender, there was also a later version made in the UK. The kobran came from Sweden, I turned down the chance to be UK distributer, another mistake!! hugegrins

I was going to post another link to a lowered seat base, but the OP hasn't been back to the forum since August 30th, so there's not much point.  shrugg
Why do they do that, so rude after asking for help, mind you they may have a valid reason scratch head think_smiley_46

Lets hope any answers were of use to other members.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:41 pm

Gromit wrote:

Hi Gromit - I'd be interested in the link as lowering the seat is on my to-do list. Assume others would be interested too...... up!
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:51 pm

Point taken.  up!

There are several firms offering lowered seat bases, but I bought one from this company for a pre-2006 Boxer and both product and service were good.

They do lots of other bits and pieces too, like seat swivels, which may be of interest to others.

I would expect their post 2007 seat base to be just as good as the one I had, although the design is very different.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope this is useful.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

gpilky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:07 pm

I see the Kobran is still available to buy, but does this interfere with the rotating of the seat?

I also found this one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Has anyone any experience with this and does t work OK?
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:09 am

This may be useful.

I don't need an extender, but what I did would probably work just as well with one fitted.

I modified my handbrake quite easily.

Undo the top two nuts and bolts holding the handbrake assembly onto its bracket.

Insert two or three washers in between the bracket and the handbrake assembly to angle it toward the driver's door. (It doesn't need to be angled by more than a very few degrees away from the seat.)

Test, and alter the thickness of the washers as necessary until the seat just clears.

It worked well for me, and made hardly any difference to the feel of the handbrake in operation.

Hope this helps.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

gpilky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:55 am

gpilky wrote:

I see the Kobran is still available to buy, but does this interfere with the rotating of the seat?

I also found this one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Has anyone any experience with this and does t work OK?
Certainly on our 2006 peugeot you had to lower the handbrake lever to swivel the seat, never really had a problem in this respect but as I posted it may be different on later chassis. The kobran meant Lady G was able to drive the van and reach the handbrake and it was easy enough to operate.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Bumps Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:13 am

I had the same problem with one of my motor homes. Ended up taking the seat base out and got it cut down at a local engineering shop. Didn't cost much to get done.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : pescara
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2