The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water pump failure

3 posters

Go down

Water pump failure Empty Water pump failure

Post by Jansellsbond Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:34 pm

We are in Slovakia and our  water pump has failed. It started making a higher pitch whine and a slight grinding nose with a cessation of water coming out of the shower. It is of the in tank variety. Does anyone have a description of the pump and any knowledge of replacing it? I may have brush up on my Slovakian so pictures would be an advantage
Jansellsbond
Jansellsbond

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Water pump failure Empty Re: Water pump failure

Post by Dbvwt Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:18 pm

I stand to be corrected but I guess any 12v submersible pump will do at this moment to get you through your trip. Simple 2 wire connection assuming you can easily get to it.

Daft question but check your tank actually has water in it. I had a similar noise a few years back and found it wasn’t a pump problem but a leak in the tank which meant the poor pump was pumping air!

Last edited by Dbvwt on Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:31 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : ed)
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:53 pm

Strangely, we had a 2013 Broadway FB and while we were holidaying in France, our water pump made exactly the same noise as you describe, and packed up.
Our van was still under warranty at the time, so I rang A/S and they posted a pump to me at our, then, holiday home address in Brittany. 
Just before the pump came, ours started working again, with much spluttering at the start, but it then cleared and it carried on working till we sold the van in June 2016.
I still have the pump A/S sent, it was still in its packaging till I just took it out to photograph it. 
So, this is the pump you need. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As you can see, it’s a simple two wire connection and the water pipe fits on the tube.

The pump can be changed by undoing the big drain screw at the bottom of the tank and scrabbling around inside with your hand. The cable exits out of the top of the tank and you should be able to get to the connectors, if you can’t, you may have to drop the tank, which is quite easy to do if you have somewhere to do it and a few simple tools.

Is this the first time you have had trouble with the pump?

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Jansellsbond Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:01 am

Fixed it yesterday. Had to drop the tank which was a bit of a bind on a grass pitch. The retaining bolts are the closest part to the ground and had been bent a little.  Removed the whale pump and replaced it with one bought here marked 20 litres per minute. Reassembled and tested and is running fine if a little slower flow than before. Worst part was a golfball sized  hailstorm half way through the procedure.  Crawling about on the grass in your swimmers with enough ice for a million gin and tonics is no fun.
Jansellsbond
Jansellsbond

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down