The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

water pump

+5
Milvus
Cymro
rgermain
Paulmold
shortstock
9 posters

Go down

water pump  Empty water pump

Post by shortstock Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:56 pm

Hi all just picked up my Broadway FB yesterday all ok on handover ..gone to it this morning and water pump on constantly all taps working fine but having to turn pump off at control unit ....... anybody know where the pressure regulator is ???????? looked all over cant see one.
shortstock
shortstock

Male

Auto-Sleeper : broadway fb
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

water pump  Empty Re: water pump

Post by Paulmold Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:07 pm

If you don't know what it's like it's like this...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by shortstock Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:39 pm

Paulmold wrote:If you don't know what it's like it's like this...

Hi pal yep I know what it's like ....but be buggered if I can find it lol
shortstock
shortstock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:42 pm

Should be easy to find now Paul has posted a photo. Near the heater or just listen for the pump and the pressure regulator should be near, I don't know the layout of your van.

once found, just use small turning of the knob until the pump stops, you may have to adjust it again depending if on EHU or battery.

Happy hunting.
------------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by shortstock Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:56 pm

Thanks guys I know how to adjust lol ..... just can't find it at all ..... was fine on ehu on handover but on leisure it's running constantly...... I WILL FIND YOU ...... LOL
shortstock
shortstock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by shortstock Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:29 am

come on guys .......... someone must know .....even emailed Autosleeper lol .......... hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins
shortstock
shortstock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:48 am

Don't know layout of your van. But the regulator will (obviously!) in a hose line out of the pump Assuming you can find the pump, then follow the pipes.... On mine, the regulator is  under a bench seat which is in front of the wardrobe, but it's high on the wardrobe bulkhead  and not easily visible because the lifted bench cushion obscures it unless you really bend down and look upwards - it's a few feet away from the pump which is on the floor under that bench. Not obvious!

Cym
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Milvus Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:10 pm

On our Bourton this switch is particularly well hidden. I think it was installed from a security perspective, where it could never be stolen as the thief would never be able to find it.
There are two white inspection plastic discs located under the seating area, nearest the wardrobe and heating unit. Looking into either of them will reveal nothing, as you’ll never see the switch. Slide your hand into the hole furthest away from you, and nearest the wall, and you’ll find it tucked away in there. 
Obviously this relates to our Bourton, but you may have something similar on yours ?

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:59 pm

Shown are the white plastic covers that hide the switch on the Bourton.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by rventhusiast Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:57 pm

shortstock wrote:come on guys .......... someone must know .....even emailed Autosleeper lol .......... hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins
I didn't really want to have to go through that every time the battery had a different voltage so first alteration on our Wircester was to remove the whale submersible and pressure switch and replace it with a Whalemaster pump - pleased with it so far.

David
rventhusiast
rventhusiast

Male

Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by shortstock Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:56 pm

Yessssssssss found it ...... guess where ...... in the pan compartment of the cooker ....really .... all done now
shortstock
shortstock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by shortstock Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:41 pm

rventhusiast wrote:
shortstock wrote:come on guys .......... someone must know .....even emailed Autosleeper lol .......... hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins
I didn't really want to have to go through that every time the battery had a different voltage so first alteration on our Wircester was to remove the whale submersible and pressure switch and replace it with a Whalemaster pump - pleased with it so far.

David
how did you do this ?
shortstock
shortstock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rventhusiast Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:57 pm

shortstock wrote:
rventhusiast wrote:

David
how did you do this ?
Errrr, well I confess that when I say 'I' I really mean Leisuretech NE! As I wanted the 3M filter fitting I took the opportunity to have the pump changed too. The work involved dropping the tank, removing the submersible pump then the pressure switch (inside a kitchen cupboard, fitting the new pump where the pressure switch had been located and connecting it all to the existing pipe work.

It probably is well within the capabilities of any good DIY person although the hardest bit would be dropping the tank. I do know that others on the Autosleeper forum have left the submersible in situ, but disconnected electrically, and the new pump has had sufficient power to draw water through the impeller.

Leisuretech did try a Shurflo 20psi initially but it just didn't have enough power to supply a good flow through the (very fine) 3M filter so used the Whalemaster 30psi on advice from the technical department at Pozzani who are the UK agents fir the filter.

David
rventhusiast
rventhusiast

Male

Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by shortstock Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:09 pm

rventhusiast wrote:
shortstock wrote:
rventhusiast wrote:

David
how did you do this ?
Errrr, well I confess that when I say 'I' I really mean Leisuretech NE! As I wanted the 3M filter fitting I took the opportunity to have the pump changed too. The work involved dropping the tank, removing the submersible pump then the pressure switch (inside a kitchen cupboard, fitting the new pump where the pressure switch had been located and connecting it all to the existing pipe work.

It probably is well within the capabilities of any good DIY person although the hardest bit would be dropping the tank. I do know that others on the Autosleeper forum have left the submersible in situ, but disconnected electrically, and the new pump has had sufficient power to draw water through the impeller.

Leisuretech did try a Shurflo 20psi initially but it just didn't have enough power to supply a good flow through the (very fine) 3M filter so used the Whalemaster 30psi on advice from the technical department at Pozzani who are the UK agents fir the filter.

David
Iam going too look into this and just replace pressure switch with pump first and see how it goes
shortstock
shortstock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:19 pm

There is a factsheet on replacing submersible pump with a Shurflo (or whalemaster or flojet) in the factsheet section.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:56 pm

Love you people. Our water pump wasn't shutting off. It had me worried. I have just primed the water system and must have tightened down the pressure controller by mistake when closing the vents to the boiler.  One search on here and problem solved.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

water pump  Empty Where is the water pump in my Symphony?

Post by Johndoe Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:32 pm

I have a 1999 Peugeot Boxer with an Autos-Sleeper Symphony conversion. Does anyone know where I can find the water pump? I have checked all the cupboards without success.  It was replaced last year, before I owned the van, with a Sureflo pump.   Could it be in the tank?
Johndoe
Johndoe

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:16 pm

Shurflo are not submersible, they were standard on the Symphony and are located under false floor in cupboard under cooker.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:27 pm

Johndoe wrote:I have a 1999 Peugeot Boxer with an Autos-Sleeper Symphony conversion. Does anyone know where I can find the water pump? I have checked all the cupboards without success.  It was replaced last year, before I owned the van, with a Sureflo pump.   Could it be in the tank?
Obviously so desperate for an answer that he hasn't visited the forum since posting the question. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

Donator
Donator

Male

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:24 pm

Agreed Paul, just like the person I spent ages on with photos for fitting a spare wheel to the back of the Harmony............................ confused3
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down