The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing rear light lenses

4 posters

Go down

Removing rear light lenses Empty Removing rear light lenses

Post by rventhusiast Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:27 pm

The 2013 Worcester has the same rear panel and light arrangement as the later Winchcombe - set of four round lights each side - following an incident where the dividing fence caught fire right next to the motorhome the top red (rear) light and the next light down (clear indicator) both suffered some melting damage. I can't seem to find how to remove these to replace them. Would also need to know if I need to replace a bulb but there is nothing in the AS handbook about this.

Had a look inside but rear wLl behind the drawers under the wardrobe has no access point and the near side would have to be in the shower wall. Any help would be appreciated. Would Autosleepers stock the light covers?

David
rventhusiast
rventhusiast

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Removing rear light lenses Empty Re: Removing rear light lenses

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:32 pm

Same lights as my Gloucester. Access to light removal and bulbs is totally external. Remove two screws and light comes off. Bulb holder comes off the back, quarter turn.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by rventhusiast Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:45 pm

Thanks for the quick response ploughing - just had another good look and from underneath coukd see the rear fog lamp that seemed to be held in the back panel by a spring clip. Sure enough there is a slot underneath the lens for a flat blade screwdriver to push this clip upward and the whole assembly comes out of the panel. Couple is crews hold the lens to the reflector from the rear. So a bit different to the Glouscter.

Final question though - will Autosleeper keep the light covers in stock?

David
rventhusiast
rventhusiast

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:36 pm

rventhusiast wrote:

Final question though - will Autosleeper keep the light covers in stock?

David

They could well do. I recommend telephone contact and have your build number to hand (it should be on a label in the back of the glove box).
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by raymondo Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:47 pm

the round lights you describe (pieces of junk in my opinion) are available in most caravan spares departments or if you are stuck it might be worth checking ebay

they are a "JOKON 95mm" should be abouty £13 each for the full fitting

the only one I havent had to replace is the fog light the rest have all burnt the terminals rendering them useless
raymondo
raymondo

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek

Back to top Go down

Post by rventhusiast Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:04 pm

raymondo wrote:the round lights you describe (pieces of junk in my opinion) are available in most caravan spares departments or if you are stuck it might be worth checking ebay

they are a "JOKON 95mm" should be abouty £13 each for the full fitting

the only one I havent had to replace is the fog light the rest have all burnt the terminals rendering them useless
Thank you raymondo. The Jokon ones look more like the ones described by Ploughlin on his Gloucester but I have found some Hella ones on eBay (£16.99 each) that appear to be the same as the ones on my Worcester. As I mentioned above the 2013 model has the same rear panel/light arrangement as the Winchcombe. 

Will probably give AS a ring tomorrow to see if they have them and how much.

David
rventhusiast
rventhusiast

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rventhusiast Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:51 pm

Requested the rear tail/brake light and indicator from Autosleeper. Both in stock - posted and arrived next day. They are the Hella (rather than Jokon) type and were quite reasonable. Total cost just over £35 including postage. Very easy to fit and I'll keep the two damaged ones as spares.

David
rventhusiast
rventhusiast

Male

Back to top Go down