The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awning Pump

3 posters

Go down

Awning Pump Empty Awning Pump

Post by Heanorboy Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:01 am

Yesterday took a leap of faith and bought a Vango inflatable awning, even though there is nothing wrong with my existing one due to a never to get better major muscle tear thought that this would be easier to put up.
Anyway the question is does anybody use a 12v pump that is not branded with a awning manufacturers name at what appear to be very high prices 

David

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Awning Pump Empty Re: Awning Pump

Post by Gromit Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:33 am

Hi David

Indirect help only I fear.

A friend had the same awning (it went with his previous van) and it came with a manual push/pull pump with little plates for him to stand on while pumping. It was surprisingly efficient, but he found it a chore, and fairly tiring especially in hot weather.

I don't know which 12 volt pump he got on eBay, but it wasn't expensive and he was quite satisfied with it. It was slower than the manual pump, but he could sit with a glass of ale and watch the awning erect itself, so no worries there.  up!

If no-one has any suggestions I'll ask him if he can remember which one it was. It had no markings on it, so he wasn't paying for the brand name - as you said.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Awning Pump Empty Re: Awning Pump

Post by Lorfal Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:46 pm

Can’t help either, we have a Vango kela lll and use the push pump.....it’s really up in jig time, I was so surprised actually how easy and quickly it pumped up......and it’s good for you!! Lol I don’t have good upper limb strength and I can do it! hugegrins

I would however be interested if it was quicker with  a 12v pump.....I wonder if it would deliver large volumes of air. The manual pump works so well because it shoves a fair amount in,in one go
Lorfal
Lorfal
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down