The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corinium Duo Reversing Camera

3 posters

Go down

Corinium Duo Reversing Camera Empty Corinium Duo Reversing Camera

Post by ChrisP28 Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:45 am

Hi
We have a reversing camera which is linked into the sat-nav display, it swaps display when reverse is selected. In our caravan I fitted a camera which was Bluetooth connected to a display clipped over the rear view mirror in the car. A small wiring mod to the display wiring made it a permanent rear view display. Very useful.
Can anyone suggest where I can read up on the system in the Motorhome with a view to using a similar display which we could mount on the chocolate fire guard, Sorry internal rear view mirror mounted in the cab. Can you tap into what is I assume a bluetooth link with the Sat-Nav and making the camera a permanent display.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
CJP
ChrisP28
ChrisP28

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium RB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Corinium Duo Reversing Camera Empty Re: Corinium Duo Reversing Camera

Post by Dare-devil-dennis Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:21 pm

If it is the Garmin system fitted by A-s, the link is wireless, but I don't know if it is bluetooth. The receiver is in a little box in the cigar lighter power cable for the sat nav.I don't think you can interface this with anything else. Garmin have a habit of making things "special" so for instance you need their power cable or the sat nav will not charge. They have put some resistors across the mini USB connector that the sat nav expects to "see" or the software will not allow it to charge.

If you want a rear view camera, you can buy them cheaply on ebay with a wireless link. you can then use a clip on display over your mirror. However, be prepared to be disappointed. Even expensive systems cannot match the fidelity or contrast of a mirror and you will spend so much time looking at your rear view screen trying to divine what is in the picture you will have had your eyes off the road too long for safety. (personal experience). It is worse when you are looking at it and the sky is bright. I had this sort of system on a Swift, factory fitted. It was worse than useless because each time you glanced at it (a natural habit from driving your car), it took several seconds to realise you cannot not make out enough useful information in the time available before looking ahead again. With it switched off, you know instantly there is nothing to see and you are forced to look in both your door mirrors. Eventually, you stop looking at where the drivers mirror normally is and you have more time to use the door mirrors. (well, I did anyway). All this before I mention the lens getting wet and dirty in bad weather. The blunt back end of your motorhome could not have been designed better for creating a low pressure zone to drag dirty wet water off the road onto anything on the back of your motorhome. Any camera seems to be a dirt magnet.

Dennis
Dare-devil-dennis
Dare-devil-dennis
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Corinium Duo Reversing Camera Empty Re: Corinium Duo Reversing Camera

Post by pstallwood Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:29 pm

It is bluetooth. 

I have just had it replaced with an Omniview system - expensive - and I hope worth it as I have already had two contretemps that might have been prevented with a decent camera system.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down