The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rear view camera with reversing grid

5 posters

Go down

rear view camera with reversing grid Empty rear view camera with reversing grid

Post by gef Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:01 pm

I have a coach built nuevo which had a grid in the reversing camera a great help with distance when reversing.  It stopped working after 30 days and marquis have now confirmed a fault but no idea why.  I wonder how many others have the same problem or have never realised the camera should show a grid.  The van is this year's model and camera comes with a small remote.
Gef
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

rear view camera with reversing grid Empty Re: rear view camera with reversing grid

Post by dbroada Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:14 pm

scratch head I haven't got a grid on my 2016 Nuevo.

I wonder if there are different cameras/monitors which do or don't have the grid.

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

rear view camera with reversing grid Empty Re: rear view camera with reversing grid

Post by inspiredron Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:05 pm

I too had a camera that sometimes displayed a yellow grid and sometimes not. It had a habit of switching itself off spontaneously so was changed by Marquis. Now I have a working camera but no grid. Not really a bother.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:59 am

I don't know anything about reversing cameras, but a little about dashcams.
Is there not an options menu for the camera's firmware? praps you can switch the grid on/off from there?

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:22 am

boxerman wrote:I don't know anything about reversing cameras, but a little about dashcams.
Is there not an options menu for the camera's firmware? praps you can switch the grid on/off from there?

Frank
Not that I ever found!  The only menu is for the monitor brightness, contrast etc. 
These cams are a bit odd. If you reverse the camera comes on.  Go back into neutral and it goes off.  BUT if you switch off the ignition before going into neutral then the camera STAYS on when you restart and move off forward and you have to physically switch it off with the remote or the touch pad on the camera if it has one.  Made in China? scratch head

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by KeithM Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:30 pm

So you have a rear view, just as if you had an interior rear view mirror.

Best of both worlds?
KeithM
KeithM

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by dbroada Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:56 pm

I can turn mine on to be a rear view mirror but I find the perspective to be so odd I prefer to use the two door mirrors and the nit of view I get from the monitor through the back window.

The view through the rear window is odd too. It make things look a lot nearer which worried me the first few times that I moved over after overtaking a lorry.

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:02 pm

Well Marquise have come up trumps after a year with a rear view camera and grid which I find useful with reversing distance, I have no reversing sensors
Gef
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down