The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo II EK Whale pump hot

3 posters

Go down

Nuevo II EK Whale pump hot Empty Nuevo II EK Whale pump hot

Post by moggyminor1966 Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:37 pm

On my Nuevo I have just noticed that the small pump I think it is on the inside of the plug in tank filler gets very hot when the 12v mains switch is on even when not in use. I nearly burnt my finger on it. Is this normal?
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Nuevo II EK Whale pump hot Empty Re: Nuevo II EK Whale pump hot

Post by moggyminor1966 Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:15 pm

I think it may be the cut off switch-anybody any clues please?
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Well rang the service centre at West Country Motorhomes and was told it is the solenoid which controls the water flow and that it is normal for it to get hot. It is live all the time and not controlled by the main panel even though there is the facility for this. I have now secured some pipe wrap round it so I don't touch it again!
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:56 pm

Glad you got this sorted Moggy, we have the standard Fiamma water filler (luckily) rather than the system fitted on the more recent Nuevo's so wouldn't have been able to help I'm afraid smile!

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Neuvosleeper Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:16 pm

CruizingComet wrote:Glad you got this sorted Moggy, we have the standard Fiamma water filler (luckily) rather than the system fitted on the more recent Nuevo's so wouldn't have been able to help I'm afraid smile!

CC
You are lucky, I posted yesterday on New Topic... about this stupid Whale system which I have , and aqnticipate it all going T/U shortly. Regarding the HOT Solonoid dont understand it wouldnt be permantly ON, there is no need , if it was the 12v leisure battery will be flat in 24 hours or a fire will be caused in due course. This should be really persued with A/S service speak to Mark. By the way "cru: comet" can you find my "Topic" I hav'nt--yet. Neuvosleeper..
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 11
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:45 am

Neuvosleeper wrote:
CruizingComet wrote:Glad you got this sorted Moggy, we have the standard Fiamma water filler (luckily) rather than the system fitted on the more recent Nuevo's so wouldn't have been able to help I'm afraid smile!

CC
You are lucky, I posted yesterday on New Topic... about this stupid Whale system which I have , and aqnticipate it all going T/U shortly. Regarding the HOT Solonoid dont understand it wouldnt be permantly ON, there is no need , if it was the 12v leisure battery will be flat in 24 hours or a fire will be caused in due course. This should be really persued with A/S service speak to Mark. By the way "cru: comet" can you find my "Topic" I hav'nt--yet. Neuvosleeper..

Will check it out with A/S as the pipe wrap I put round has melted a bit. You cannot touch the metal so is very hot.

I would be interested to know if any other members with a late model Nuevo have checked theirs to see if it is hot?
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:20 pm

Neuvosleeper wrote:By the way "cru: comet" can you find my "Topic" I hav'nt--yet. Neuvosleeper..

Hi Neuvosleeper.. off topic I know, but if you posted and it's not on the forum then you were unsuccessful in posting I'm afraid, to check all posts you have made just click on your user name in your side profile, then on statistics, find all posts by your username and it should list every post you have created, are you certain you posted or perhaps you just previewed without sending?

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:50 pm

I rang Mark at A/S this morning and he said he had no knowledge of the solenoid being hot and whilst he confirmed it is live all the time he did not thing it should be hot. he suggested i should take it to my dealer for checking which i will do next week.
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Back to top Go down