The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peug Box Symbol - Pipes in Driver Side Cupboa

+2
Paulmold
donharris
6 posters

Go down

Peug Box Symbol - Pipes in Driver Side Cupboa Empty Peug Box Symbol - Pipes in Driver Side Cupboa

Post by donharris Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:01 pm

Pathetic queries but nothing in handbooks.
A) 1 thin vertical pipe inside driver's side cupboard then divides into 3 pipes with valves, which lead horizontally to driver's side.
Valves seemingly marked 1) like an icicle/frost    2) hotwater/steam   3)  a steaming saucepan with a lid and handle.
The 3 valves are horizontal (is this on or off please?).
Purpose of these 3 pipes please?

B) Under the large seat/bed head on driver's side is a simple switch, when turned on, a red light illuminates.
Cannot fathom what this does. Purpose please?

C) Anyone had periodic drip/leaks along sealant above windscreen, mainly drips on driver side, usually into stairwell. Does not always drip after rain.

D) Fan heater never warm, blows cold air.
donharris
donharris

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Peug Box Symbol - Pipes in Driver Side Cupboa Empty Re: Peug Box Symbol - Pipes in Driver Side Cupboa

Post by Paulmold Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:15 pm

A - these are gas pipes, snow flake is pipe to fridge, steam is for your water heater, saucepan is for cooker. When valves are in line with pipe they are open.

B - switch for water heater to be heated by electricity (only when you are on hook up)

C - can't help

D - need to know what make of heater you have.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Peug Box Symbol - Pipes in Driver Side Cupboa Empty Re: Peug Box Symbol - Pipes in Driver Side Cupboa

Post by steamdrivenandy Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:22 pm

A is the gas pipe which then divides to go to 1. fridge, 2. boiler, 3. oven/hob. Normally the valve head follow the direction of gas flow, so if the valve head is across the pipe the flow is 'off' and if it's in line with the pipe the flow is 'on'. You can easily check, as long as the gas cylinder is 'on' too, by opening a hob valve and listening for a hiss and getting the 'smell'. Mind, make sure there are no naked flames/ciggies etc about when you do it.

BC&D I can't speak of.

And 'Stairwell' in a Symbol, good gracious. Did you mean footwell?
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:52 pm

C: Yes, we did, in our new 2005 Exec. Sometimes when going round a corner I would get drips on my right knee from between the plastic headlining and the pillar moulding.
When I dismantled everything, including the luton bed floor and lining panels, I found two small pools of water where the windscreen joins the GRP body (actually the metal frame above the windscreen).
I panicked until I checked and found no signs of rust or leaking seals between cab and shell.
Although it initially didn't look likely, I eventually realised that it was water getting into the awful top marker lamps and running down then collecting in the two depressions either side of and above the windscreen.

Fitting brand new marker lamps and making sure that they're properly sealed has cured the problem.

Your conversion may not have the same cause but...could be worth checking, you don't want moisture collecting on the metal panel above the screen.
meanchris

Male

Member Age : 69
Vehicle Year : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:05 pm

D: Is the 'fan heater' a Truma fanmaster perhaps? If so, then it will blow cold air unless you have one or both of its heat sources, either 230V mains heating or gas, or both switched on. It ,may also have tripped its over temp trip if it won't work on 230V. Our old one used to do this sometimes if we switched the fan part off without letting the element cool down first.
meanchris

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:25 pm

Presumably it will blow unheated air if the ambient temperature is above that set on the thermostat too?
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:33 pm

Good point, I missed the entirely obvious, as usual... hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins
meanchris

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fenderbender Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:02 pm

C: On mine the water was getting in under the rubber strip that goes across the van above the windscreen, it covers the joint between the metal/fibreglass joint. When you come to repair make sure it's rust free and use only Sikaflex sealant.

Dave
fenderbender
fenderbender
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Transit
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by fenderbender Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:07 pm

Have just noticed you're in Leeds, I've sent a private message,(I think).

Dave
fenderbender
fenderbender
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Transit
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:50 pm

When my clubman leaked it was the high marker lights where the water was coming from.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:57 pm

Wrong thread?
meanchris

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:59 pm

what is?
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:06 pm

breakaleg wrote:what is?

Just a joke, there's actually a Clubman leak thread also running.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

biggrin
meanchris

Male

Back to top Go down