The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changeover relay

2 posters

Go down

Changeover relay Empty Changeover relay

Post by Keith and Tina Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:02 pm

Hello can anyone tell me if the changeover relay in an Inca is normally open or normally closed and what current rating. Thank you
Keith and Tina
Keith and Tina

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Inca ek.
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Changeover relay Empty Re: Changeover relay

Post by Gollum Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:00 pm

By change over relay do you mean the split charge relay, Its the relay that allows a charge from the vehicle battery alternator through to the leisure battery when the engine is running. If that is the one, it is normally open circuit until the engine starts then it closes to allowing current to the leisure battery. A relay for this purpose is normally 70amp.

Last edited by Gollum on Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gollum
Gollum

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo ES
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith and Tina Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:49 pm

Thanks for that my problem is no 12 volts to fridge and step stays out when engine running. It was all ok last week. No charging either to leisure battery.
Keith and Tina
Keith and Tina

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gollum Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:26 pm

Without physically being to there to test myself it sound like you may of lost the ignition (engine running) controlled feed which makes the relays work. All of those systems are reliant on one being there and possibly operating from the same feed, that is where I would first check by locating the split relay and checking if it gets an ignition feed when the engine is running by using a multi meter. I think (if my memory is in gear) the split relay could be by the rear drivers entrance door piller at the bottom behind the vehicle cover panels. Be careful there is a lot of wires there. If your base vehicle is a Peugeot they (Peugeot) put a multi pin plug there that had feeds for the motorhome system the ignition feed was one. I have know it go wrong, our Neuvo (with a previous owner did) as I know there is a new ignition feed from the fuse board under the dash.
Gollum
Gollum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith and Tina Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:28 pm

Thanks for that I will get hold of a multimeter and do as you suggest. Under the vehicle bonnet to the left near the battery are what looks like additions. They are linked together by cables . One has three spade fuses which look like the circuit diagram values next to this are two identical black relays. This could be the split relay set up. The fuses are all ok. The relays have the same terminal numbers as the drawing also so this could be where to check for the engine running volts.
Keith and Tina
Keith and Tina

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith and Tina Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:11 am

Hi have tweaked around alternator connections and lo and behold things are working again .thanks I know where to look.
Keith and Tina
Keith and Tina

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gollum Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:48 pm

Please you have it sorted. Electrics and computers, brill when they work, a total pain when they don't.

Great name, Keith ........ I'm one as well.
Gollum
Gollum

Male

Back to top Go down