The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips on buying a used Neuvo

+6
Paulmold
Greyhound
burlingtonboaby
Gromit
pablo
daveH
10 posters

Go down

Tips on buying a used Neuvo Empty Tips on buying a used Neuvo

Post by daveH Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:29 pm

Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing a used 2012 Neuvo - can anyone give me tips on what to look out for when viewing the vehicle?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. think_smiley_46
daveH
daveH
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Tips on buying a used Neuvo Empty Re: Tips on buying a used Neuvo

Post by pablo Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:45 pm

Streuth! Where to begin? I'm sure you'll get lots of advice but for me I would look for a recent thorough satisfactory habitation check i.e. just before sale, which shows it is safe and major components are working and secondly the service MOT and records history to show it has been properly looked after and faults remedied. To be fair if it is low mileage it should be in vgc and there should not be too much wrong with it and if bought from a dealer it will come with a warranty.
pablo
pablo

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:31 pm

If it's a 2 berth it should be in good condition - a quick firtle around will let you decide.

If it's a four berth look for signs of small carpet rats (grand children! hugegrins ) Jam stains on the seats are usually a good sign.

I'm not entirely joking. Boring old farts like us treat vans with care and respect, but you can't expect kids to be the same, and some of the fixtures and fittings are not very robust as they have to be lightweight.

Otherwise it's what Pablo said. I would ask for a habitation check before the sale is agreed, if it hasn't had one very recently. If the vendor is not keen, walk away - there are plenty more Nuevos around. They are the best selling model, and have been for many years.

Check also if it has been stripped of after market accessories. Most people fit some, and if there are the tell tale screw holes in the woodwork, that tells you a lot about the previous owner, and would make me a bit more cautious. If he is that tight, what else has he scrimped on after deciding he wanted to sell. A contiguous service history on the vehicle would be another essential in such a case. It's all about getting a "feel" for the van - I'm sure you know what I mean. up!

Can't help much more. It's just down to observation and common sense based on your own experience.

Good luck.

Dave smile!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:10 am

Hi Dave
As with all coachbuilt vans, go through it with fine toothed comb, in my experience, a damp meter did  not pick up damp in the interior walls unless it you push the unit into the wall.
Check under the cooker, seats, kitchen units etc, test the water system, heaters , fridge, w/c shower .
We loved our 09 Nuevo es for 3 years and only exchanged for a longer van so we didn't have the swivel the front seats to make up 
the single beds.
Hope you find the van you want.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyhound Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:35 am

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post external links as a new member, but Practical Motorhome website has an advice section that includes general buying guides (a nice check list that covers all the usual things to look for) and a dedicated used Boxer/Ducato based van guide covering the mechanical aspects.

I hope this is ok for me to state as a 'newbie'.
Greyhound
Greyhound

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:58 am

If you go the 'factsheets' section on the home page and go to page 2 you will find a 'pre-delivery checklist' which could be used to make sure everything works and prompts the memory for things you may forget to check.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:25 pm

Hi Dave, our 2012 Nuevo  has been generally really good ,the problems weve had are perhaps"enjoyed" by most A/S owners ! The first recurring problem was leaks in the plumbing , needless to say in inaccessible places, next was the habitation doors excuse for a stay, then generally all screws being tightened until they "stripped" the material they were screwed to, and wiring that was never connected up at all! The fridge wasn't fitted properly with a gap of 6MM in places , the non accessible water pump failed after only 2 Yrs use [never once used dry],and the rooflight  refused to lift ,again screws over tightened ,although probably not by A/S. All these things are not "Nuevo" specific,but are worth looking out for, probably like ours all hopefully sorted on the van you are looking at! All these minor problems only detract from what is a really well designed and enjoyable M/H!I really think if you go for a Nuevo you wont be disappointed    Kind regards     Paul
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:36 pm

think_smiley_46 As with any used vehicle including motorhomes it could be for sale having had all the niggles sorted by earlier owners or it could be  for sale because some one was fed up with fixing it. It will always be a gamble either way. Being such a popular van there is a lot of information available.This time for us it was right price, nice condition and felt right but not a Nuevo.
 Good hunting. rolleyes
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave H Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:30 pm

This is all very strange! Is there another Dave H on the forum? I posted a note last year saying that I was looking to purchase a used Nuevo ES and bought a 2013 Nuevo ES from a forum member last October.

Dave H

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Dave H wrote:This is all very strange! Is there another Dave H on the forum? I posted a note last year saying that I was looking to purchase a used Nuevo ES and bought a 2013 Nuevo ES from a forum member last October.
Looks like it.

He has a lower case "d" and no space. shrugg
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down