The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting fresh water tank heater, any advice.

2 posters

Go down

Fitting fresh water tank heater, any advice. Empty Fitting fresh water tank heater, any advice.

Post by chudders Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:41 pm

Following on from the previous  thread and not wanting to hijack it, I am thinking about installing a CAK tanks thermostatically controlled heater. The electrics don'bother me just wondered whether anyone has fitted one. I see CAK tanks recommend fitting it a couple of inches up the side of the tank and they also supply a mounting plate so I guess you drill a whole in the tank large enough for the heater and fit it to the mounting plate and then fit the plate over the hole and seal it with some sort of mastic/sealer/Sikaflex etc .(what sort i wonder)
I can't access the inside of the tank without removing it completely.
Any advice appreciated
Dave
chudders
chudders

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold FB
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Fitting fresh water tank heater, any advice. Empty Re: Fitting fresh water tank heater, any advice.

Post by steve00136 Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:48 pm

I did a similar project last November - so far so good. See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . You need to heat the pipe from the tank as that will freeze first.
Food for thought.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo / Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Fitting fresh water tank heater, any advice. Empty Re: Fitting fresh water tank heater, any advice.

Post by chudders Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:08 am

steve00136 wrote:I did a similar project last November - so far so good. See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . You need to heat the pipe from the tank as that will freeze first.
Food for thought.
Thanks for your advice and comments
Dave
chudders
chudders

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold FB
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down