The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fresh water tank drain fitting leaking

2 posters

Go down

Fresh water tank drain fitting leaking Empty Fresh water tank drain fitting leaking

Post by MarieJ Sun May 14, 2017 11:08 pm

I have replaced the 3/4"/20mm pipe fitting on the freshwater tank with a slightly small standard sized fitting. I have fitted rubber seals on the inside and outside of the tank. A small amount of water is still leaking from the joint. Silicon seal was previously used on the fitting. I have tried to used ptf tape rather than silicone seal. Any advice on sealing the joint would be most welcome.
MarieJ
MarieJ

Female

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo es
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Fresh water tank drain fitting leaking Empty Re: Fresh water tank drain fitting leaking

Post by Starlight Thu May 18, 2017 6:43 am

This fitting is leaking on my 2014 Bourton.  I'm advised I will need to drop the tank to gain access.  Is that what you have done?   Was it an easy job?
Starlight
Starlight

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Fresh water tank drain fitting leaking Empty Re: Fresh water tank drain fitting leaking

Post by MarieJ Fri May 19, 2017 12:17 am

I have resorted to lying under the van, access is a little awkward but possible.  Dropping the tank I imagine would be a much longer and more difficult job.  I plan to remove my fittings and refit once more, if this fails I have sealant that works through osmosis ( I think).  I can check and pass on the brand name. I have found half the problem to be finding out where the leak in coming from.  The only way to do this is to get under the van.
Good luck
MarieJ
MarieJ

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlight Fri May 19, 2017 5:24 am

I have found where it's leaking but A/S advise me to access the hatch in the tank to tighten the connection requires the tank to be removed (dropped). I was recommended some sealant that works in the wet on this site.  Yet to try this.
Starlight
Starlight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlight Fri May 19, 2017 5:36 am

[size=30]Solvall Sealfix Was recommended, yet to try it[/size]
Starlight
Starlight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieJ Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:54 am

The sealant I bought had a really funny name Crack sealer or something similar, works on osmosis, draws itself into the problem area.
I will locate and send proper name.
MJ
MarieJ
MarieJ

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieJ Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:30 am

The sealant is Capt. Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure - £5.49.
MarieJ
MarieJ

Female

Back to top Go down