The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio isolator Switch

2 posters

Go down

Radio isolator Switch Empty Radio isolator Switch

Post by BarryP Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:23 pm

I have just posted the following in response to the Ghostly Radio thread. Thought it was worth doing so here as well.......

Whilst not directly connected to this thread, reading it got my grey matter stirring. We have just bought our 2005 Nuevo ES - well chuffed with it as whilst 10 years old it looks like 10 minutes old! Over the fridge next to the 240 volt outlets there is a rocker switch marked "Radio isolator switch". I assumed that this was an after-market fitting by a previous owner but reading this thread it seems that it was a standard fitting. If I am right, can anyone tell me what it does. I can find nothing in the rather sparse handbooks which refer to it. It may be unrelated, but when driving, the radio decides to turn itself off after 30 minutes. Can anyone please explain what the isolator switch does? Thanks,
Barry
BarryP
BarryP
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Radio isolator Switch Empty Re: Radio isolator Switch

Post by Paulmold Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:29 pm

Question answered in your other posting.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Radio isolator Switch Empty Radio Isolator Switch

Post by BarryP Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:46 pm

Paulmold wrote:Question answered in your other posting.
Barry
The radio fitted is wired to the leisure battery on Nuevos of that age, including mine. It does switch off after 20 minutes whether driving or parked up. That switch over-rides that to leave the radio on continually but you must switch it off at that switch when you finish listening or you will still draw power from the battery even if the radio itself is turned off.
You will read posts about altering the cut off time but that only applies to x250 models after 2007. The ones on our Nuevos cannot be altered.

Hi Paul, Apologies for appearing dense, but from what you say I assumed that when the switch is "off" then all power to the radio is cut. I tried ours today by setting switch to "off", turning radio "on" then turning switch back to "off". I expected the radio to cut off but it continued playing. Have I missed something here? (Sorry to be a nuisance) Thanks, Barry
BarryP
BarryP
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BarryP Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:50 pm

setting switch to "off", turning radio "on" then turning switch back to "off".

Correction - ""setting switch to "on"turning radio "on" then turning switch back to "off".
BarryP
BarryP
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BarryP Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:53 pm

setting switch to "off", turning radio "on" then turning switch back to "off".

Correction - ""setting switch to "on"turning radio "on" then turning switch back to "off".
BarryP
BarryP
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:58 pm

No somehow the switches operate independantly. The radio will work by its own switch but will turn off after 20 minutes. The override switch simply makes the radio play constantly. Turning it off does not switch the radio off but leaving it on with the radio switch off still causes a drain on the battery. Don't ask me how as I don't know, that's just how it is.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by BarryP Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:03 pm

Thanks Paul, This doesn't make any sense to me but I'll accept that it is what it is rather than give myself a headache trying to figure out why and how. I appreciate your help - thanks, Barry
BarryP
BarryP
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down