The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio

+5
Paulmold
The flying pig
inspiredron
peugeotboxer
SteveplusChris
9 posters

Go down

Radio Empty Radio

Post by SteveplusChris Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:55 am

Has anyone managed to get the fitted radio in a 2011 Neuvo to stop switching off after 20 minutes after the ignition is turned off? Yes I know it drains the engine battery but the charger charges it too, further a couple of hours radio isn't going to stop the van starting the following day. Any of you know if the head unit is programmed to do this or is it part of the vans electrics that does it? Any advice much appreciated.
SteveplusChris
SteveplusChris

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo Lancashire EK

Back to top Go down

Radio Empty Re: Radio

Post by peugeotboxer Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:09 am

SteveplusChris wrote:Has anyone managed to get the fitted radio in a 2011 Neuvo to stop switching off after 20 minutes after the ignition is turned off? Yes I know it drains the engine battery but the charger charges it too, further a couple of hours radio isn't going to stop the van starting the following day. Any of you know if the head unit is programmed to do this or is it part of the vans electrics that does it? Any advice much appreciated.
I don't know if this is of any help to you:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveplusChris Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:18 am

peugeotboxer wrote:
SteveplusChris wrote:Has anyone managed to get the fitted radio in a 2011 Neuvo to stop switching off after 20 minutes after the ignition is turned off? Yes I know it drains the engine battery but the charger charges it too, further a couple of hours radio isn't going to stop the van starting the following day. Any of you know if the head unit is programmed to do this or is it part of the vans electrics that does it? Any advice much appreciated.
I don't know if this is of any help to you:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PB
Thank you very much, I have read the thread and will try the re-progtamming trick suggested. Amazing that neither AS or Peugeot can supply this information but the brilliant members of this forum have the answers.
SteveplusChris
SteveplusChris

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:29 am

Swift do it as standard on their vans.  Auto sleepers won't allow it to be publicised by ASOC because "it could invalidate your warranty".

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Radio Empty Switches Radio to camper mode

Post by The flying pig Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:45 pm

This was supplied to me by Auto-Sleepers although not well publisised

New Euro V chassis cabs fitted with Fiat/Peugeot radios.

This radio has the option of being used in “NORMAL” mode, which will switch the radio off after 20 mins or in “CAMPER” mode, which will allow the user to use the radio for up to three hours.

To swap between the two settings, or to customise the switch off time for the radio, follow the instructions below:

1) Turn radio ‘ON’ using the central ‘power’ button
2) Within 15 seconds, simultaneously press ‘FM AS’ and the preset button ‘2’. Each time this pair of buttons are press, the display will alternate between ‘NORMAL POWER MODE’ and ‘CAMPER POWER MODE’. (note these must be pressed together)
3) Ensure that ‘CAMPER POWER MODE’ is displayed, then press ‘MENU’
4) Using the ‘UP and ‘DOWN’ button now changes the display to show various adjustable items. Cycle through the options until ‘RADIO OFF’ and a number of minutes is shown on the display. This will take approx. two presses of the ‘UP’ button or seven presses of the ‘DOWN’ button.
5) With ‘RADIO OFF’ shown on the display press the ‘LEFT’ or ‘RIGHT’ button. Each press of either button will alternate the number of minutes shown between ‘180’ and ‘0’
6) With ‘180’ showing on the display the setting is complete and three hours of radio operation should be possible. Press the ‘POWER’ button to exit the menu and return the display to its usual view.
Please note that in ‘NORMAL POWER MODE’ the same subsequent steps detailed above can be followed, to choose between ’20 mins’ and ‘0 mins’ of radio operation.
The flying pig
The flying pig

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:56 pm

We need that info made permanently available. PM Roli and ask if he could put it in the 'factsheets' section.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Radio Empty Radio

Post by murph Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi All,
 Our series 1 Lancashire has a switch marked radio isolator switch fitted in the rear of the van with the power points above the fridge this enables us to override the 20 min stop but we have to switch it off when not in use as it leaves the radio ilumination and over a period would flatten the starter battery.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Radio Empty It works!

Post by SteveplusChris Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:23 am

Thanks to the links posted on this forum, I have re-programmed the radio to "Caravan" with a shut down of 180 minutes.allthumbz  To quell the arguments about which model on which this can be done, my van is a 2011 Neuvo Lancashire with the older style dash and 130 hp engine but not euro v as far as I know. It was dead easy to do, just follow the instructions on the links and its job done.Why Auto Sleeper or Peugeot could not either do this or instruct on how the change is done defeats me. It can't be to do with warranty, you are simply adjusting a built in function of the radio no physical alteration or anything that could damage etc.shrugg   Now a plea or advice. I run a large touring park in Dartmoor. I regularly have to ask owners of motor homes to turn down thier radios or fade to the rear caravan speakers as vehicle door speakers sound nearly as loud outside the van as in, that the inhabitants are blissfully unaware of inside!! So to keep the peace with your fellow campers fade your speakers to the rear and don't go mad with the vol control!! up!
SteveplusChris
SteveplusChris

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nevergiveup Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:54 pm

This method does not seem to work on a 2009 X250 Boxer Nuevo. Has anyone managed it??shrugg
nevergiveup
nevergiveup

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : SYMBOL
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by PennyandDerek Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:49 pm

Hi Nevergiveup,
Unfortunately the radios from 2006 to the present facelift didn't have this facility.
Afraid you will have to 'give up' on this one! hugegrins  hugegrins hugegrins 

Derek
PennyandDerek
PennyandDerek
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES Lowline
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by nevergiveup Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:37 am

NEVER:scratch head:
nevergiveup
nevergiveup

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveplusChris Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:30 am

nevergiveup wrote:This method does not seem to work on a 2009 X250 Boxer Nuevo. Has anyone managed it??shrugg
I would think that after reading all the advice on this forum that any radio with the silly 20 minute countdown thing should be adjustable, it is just a case of the correct method. My radio was more or less as instructed and very easy. I think it is a case of pressing the buttons advised together, I had 2 or 3 goes to get the radio to change. One dab was ign control the next dab said Caravan. I just let go when it said caravan. I then went in to menu and instead of 0 or 20 minutes contdown I was offered 0 or 180. I of course opted for 180. I have had the radio on for over an hour so far so it must have worked. I would say try again and again and hopefully you will suceed. Obviously it seems that older radios need "that button" but should not think that applies to you.
SteveplusChris
SteveplusChris

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nevergiveup Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:22 am

I am glad it worked for you Chris, sadly when I press simultaneously both buttons suggested , nothing happens. There is no Caravan/ ignition change. Nothing happens! I can have 20mins or nothing, but thats all!!

I can assure you I did try. I can only assume that the model I have does not have the luxury of determining the duration, he ho bit of exercise every 20 minutes wont hurt me!!tap_fingers 

David
nevergiveup
nevergiveup

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:08 am

Is there not an auxiliary position on the ignition switch on these modern vehicles? By that I mean a position between turning the engine off and where you are able to remove the key.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:27 am

Oddsnends wrote:Is there not an auxiliary position on the ignition switch on these modern vehicles? By that I mean a position between turning the engine off and where you are able to remove the key.
Nope!

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:15 am

Ah progress  shrugg  !
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Aethelric Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:20 am

Didn't work on my 2007 Nuevo either.

I guess there'll be a pin in the connector which powered from the ignition, and another one as the main power.  At some stage I'll try connecting both to the leisure battery.  I did that on a panasonic radio on my previous bongo and it worked fine.  Standby current was 7mA - negligible.  
I'm not overly impressed with the standard radio though.
Aethelric
Aethelric

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down