The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems making up the double bed

4 posters

Go down

Problems making up the double bed Empty Problems making up the double bed

Post by bnelson Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:32 pm

We brought our first motorhome home last Wednesday - a Nuevo ES.  At the weekend we were familiarising ourselves with how things work and could NOT assemble the double bed as the pull out post nearest to the drivers seat had no fixed area where to sit.    The socket nearest to the rear of the van had a plastic recess in which the post rested, fixed in place by a spring loaded bolt.   But there wasn't a plastic recess on the other side and the post did not reach as far as the hole.    Could someone please confirm if there should be a plastic recess on this side (nearest the driver),  before I get back to the dealer in Newcastle. Many thanks.

Barbara
bnelson
bnelson

Female

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Problems making up the double bed Empty Re: Problems making up the double bed

Post by Paulmold Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:41 pm

Sorry for late reply, just had chance to go and look. We never use the double-bed layout only use singles so I wasn't sure what fixing I had. Anyway it looks as if I have what you have got, no blue surround, but the arm does reach across to the other side. The end of the arm has a hole in it for the bolt to locate on. Photos below show what we have.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by bnelson Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:26 am

Many thanks - It would have been embarrassing to say a part was missing when there wasn't one.  I'll have another look tomorrow - in the daylight (at work today).  It didn't help that the head of the spring loaded bolt was missing.  Barbara
bnelson
bnelson

Female

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by parigby Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:50 am

Recently our Berkshire was with AS for some bits and bobs to be dealt with. Mentioned that l had never been able to get the slidable halves of the double bed to meet in the middle. There's a gap of about six inches or so. 

AS apparently spent the best part of a couple of hours trying to sort it out, but likewise they couldn't get it to meet in the middle either. they also didn't have an explanation as to why, or indeed offer any solutions. 

It's probably as well, that we don't use the bed in the double configuration.
parigby
parigby

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Berkshire
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We had the Wilton which is the same body on a Ford chassis. We only ever used the double bed so know it worked. The two side facing bench seats pulled out to meet in the middle.

When you say "the van was with AS", I can only assume you mean the Service Centre at Willersey. I have never heard of them not being able to explain or correct and issue even if it meant fabricating new components - most unusual.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down