The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No hot water with gas

+4
pablo
PennyandDerek
rogerblack
Juliejuel
8 posters

Go down

No hot water with gas  Empty No hot water with gas

Post by Juliejuel Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:54 pm

hi I'm hoping someone can advise me I have a Neuvo 2009 we have hot water when on electric hook up but when we want to only use gas it won't work ( gas on cooker and fridge is ok) ...before anyone asks yes turned on gas bottles and the taps inside our cupboard. We had a couple of experienced motorhome owners look at it ( not neuvo owners) 

Tried everything they knew ..book says something about a switch ?
Juliejuel
Juliejuel

Female

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

No hot water with gas  Empty Re: No hot water with gas

Post by rogerblack Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:03 pm

On our Pollensa, in order to use the water heater on gas rather than electric it is necessary first to remove the external flue cover on the side of the van otherwise it won't operate.  
Does yours have the same system?

cheers
Roger

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by PennyandDerek Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:04 pm

Have you removed the cover from the flue?

Derek

Damn, Roger beat me to it!
PennyandDerek
PennyandDerek
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES Lowline
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by pablo Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:38 pm

When you turned the gas switch on you should get a green light (by the switch) that stays on, and you'll hear a click. Wait for several minutes and you should then get warm water coming out the hot taps. If the green light is replaced by a red light it won't heat the water and you'll need to sort that out before you can go any further. Usually it is because you haven't taken the cover off the flue, as above, or there is air in the system so try lighting a few more times then it should work. Wait a couple of minutes between each try though.
Derek above is a genius and he should be able to give further help as I'm away for a couple of days so can't help any further.
pablo
pablo

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by KMRTOPAZ Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:25 pm

This is a shot in the dark as I am not familiar with the Nuevo. If there is a window above or near the gas heater exhaust, manufacturers are required to fit a safety switch to the window.
If the window is open (or possibly not completely closed) the switch is open and the gas heater will not operate
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:07 am

Yes the flue cover must be removed to heat the water on gas. On the outside next to where the gas cylinders are. Put the cover in with the gas bottles then you won't forget to put it back on when you switch the gas off.
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliejuel Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:31 pm

Thanks for replies ...I had taken of the flue cover and even tried with window closed tight ....book said something about a switch I couldn't find one .....or the green/red light so have finally given up and booked it into a motor home sales/service (Simpsons of Great Yarmouth) fingers crossed it doesn't break the bank lol...they will be looking at it next Wednesday
Juliejuel
Juliejuel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:50 pm

You say you haven't found the switch or the red/green light - how are you trying to operate it on gas, then . . .  ?

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliejuel Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:40 am

I meant switch (or maybe you would call it a little lever)that book say is by the boiler ( apparently when I asked Simpsons he said its used for draining system for winter) 

The lights from what I understand (green for go and red for fault) should show up on the temp control .....I get nothing
Juliejuel
Juliejuel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:56 am

That little lever,  yellow on mine should be in the up position when you fill the on board water tank, leave it up until draining down, have you got water in the water heater tank,?  these things are sometimes simple that get forgotten.  not trying to tell grannie to suck eggs as they say, trying to find a solution to your problem.

Hope you get it sorted soon.
Regards,
Margaret

Oops just re-read your post, forget what I have said, obviously if you get hot water on electric, that doesn`t apply.

Last edited by daisy mae on Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : re-read post)
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

No hot water with gas  Empty No hot water with gas

Post by cyclo Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:31 pm

Not familiar with your model but on my Broadway there is a small switch for operating hot water only on gas. It is separate

from any other controls and is fitted on the wall just inside the door. In the centre of the control there is a knob which turns

and adjusts the temperature (black on mine). On the outside of this there is the control for turning the boiler on or off (grey on mine), 

a small circle denotes the off position and just below is a flame symbol which is the on position. This control only moves a small amount

between the off and on position. When switched on a small green light shows up in the central section (quite small) if the boiler fails to light

this light turns to red. If the boiler lights the green light will stay on. Hope this helps.

David
cyclo
cyclo

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EKTBLP
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down