The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight of vehicle

2 posters

Go down

Weight of vehicle Empty Weight of vehicle

Post by johnny Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Hello could any other nuevo/ lancashire owners with the 2.2 engine please tell me the weight of thier vans mine seems to have been classed as a private HGV not a private light goods by the dvla and the log book shows a wieght of 3850KG but the weight on the vin plate shows 3400KG this is slightly concering me as my liecence on allows me to drive up to 3500KG sorry forgot to mention its a 2003 model
johnny
johnny

Male

Member Age : 51
Auto-Sleeper : lancashire

Back to top Go down

Weight of vehicle Empty Re: Weight of vehicle

Post by roli Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:54 pm

It is unlikely that the van is 3850kg unless it has been uprated and the vehicle plate not replaced with a new one. The VNs stated weight of 3400kg sounds more realistic for a Nuevo/Lancashire.of that vintage.
I think I would be inclined to query with the DVLA if it has been uprated at some time or was it dealer error at the time of registration.
Dont worry about your licence cover as you can get it downrated to what it should be (ie on the VN Plate)
I think I may be inclined to give Auto Sleepers a ring and ask what the original spec was. Before ringing them look at the AS vehicle number on a sticker in the glove box - from that they can tell you full details at the time of manufacture.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down