The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercedes keys

2 posters

Go down

Mercedes keys Empty Mercedes keys

Post by plato2012 Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:11 am

Just got my new Stanton and am nervous about the auto locking situation with keys left inside. 
I want to put a duplicate key in a combination key safe secured to the chassis but do now want to sacrifice one of the supplied keys. I only want the metal key as water could get into the underslung safe. The metal key will allow me access through the driver's door to retrieve the original electronic keys.
Has anyone been able to get a duplicate cut?
plato2012
plato2012

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Mercedes keys Empty Re: Mercedes keys

Post by padraigpost Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:51 am

I think you will find that the key which fits your outside locker will also open the habitation door, it has on my last 2 vans, all you have to do is get another cut and carry it in your wallet in case you do get locked out.
Don
padraigpost
padraigpost

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Mercedes Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Mercedes keys Empty Mercedes keys

Post by plato2012 Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:09 pm

padraigpost wrote:I think you will find that the key which fits your outside locker will also open the habitation door, it has on my last 2 vans, all you have to do is get another cut and carry it in your wallet in case you do get locked out.
Don
Thanks Don, it does fit but never used it as only used the remote so far. Looks like it will be easy to get a duplicate cut and a lot cheaper than going to Mercedes. Peter
plato2012
plato2012

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down