The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new facelifted Boxer

+7
Bertie Bassett
Cymro
moggyminor1966
ajrm
groundhog
andyiow
nimbus
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

new facelifted Boxer - Page 2 Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by Bertie Bassett Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:37 pm

Many thanks for the links Andy!

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by andyiow Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:45 pm

All 2015 coach built models to come with a standard and whale water filling system.
andyiow
andyiow

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:01 pm

Very interesting, Andy: my contract for a new Nuevo on the new Peugot (expected to be available Nov or Dec, but which will, I assume, be a 2015 model) includes £50 for a standard filler as an extra. So I can knock that off.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by andyiow Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:15 pm

I asked yesterday as my Broadway is on order for late October early November. I read on the ASOC site the AGM minutes which intimated the same so I contacted AS direct. I was told both fillers as standard on all 2015 facelift models. Are you having Valencia interior or the Amarti?
andyiow
andyiow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by andyiow Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:30 pm

Cymro wrote:Very interesting, Andy: my contract for a new Nuevo on the new Peugot (expected to be available Nov or Dec, but which will, I assume, be a 2015 model) includes £50 for a standard filler as an extra. So I can knock that off.

Cymro
Yes according to my reply from AS that I have in writing ! Have you a build number yet?
andyiow
andyiow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:17 pm

Thanks Andylow.  No, I haven't heard from the dealer as to whether a build number has been issued, but it may be that the dealer doesn't as a matter of routine, inform the customer of such things - and I'm not chasing. 

It's the engine side of things which is interesting: I now know that the Nuevo ES won't have the 150 bhp engine but retains the 130 bhp (- seems odd because it's heavier than the EK and others which will get the 130). Moreover, AS kindly replied to my query about the introduction (or should that be 'imposition'?) of Euro 6 from 1 Jan 2015. This is their reply:

"... our new motorhome is indeed being built on the new Peugeot base vehicle which meets the Euro 5.5 standard which is the current one applicable so the good news is you will have the lowest possible engine emissions and without the need for the AdBlue tank necessary in order for them to meet the higher Euro 6 emissions standard.

I can also advise that the Euro 6 standard doesn’t come into effect on Motorhomes until sometime in 2017"

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it, and it'll be very interesting to see how it performs compared with the legendary VW 5-cylinder 2.5 tdi which I have on the Clubman.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by andyiow Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:45 pm

Cymro wrote:Thanks Andylow.  No, I haven't heard from the dealer as to whether a build number has been issued, but it may be that the dealer doesn't as a matter of routine, inform the customer of such things - and I'm not chasing. 

It's the engine side of things which is interesting: I now know that the Nuevo ES won't have the 150 bhp engine but retains the 130 bhp (- seems odd because it's heavier than the EK and others which will get the 130). Moreover, AS kindly replied to my query about the introduction (or should that be 'imposition'?) of Euro 6 from 1 Jan 2015. This is their reply:

"... our new motorhome is indeed being built on the new Peugeot base vehicle which meets the Euro 5.5 standard which is the current one applicable so the good news is you will have the lowest possible engine emissions and without the need for the AdBlue tank necessary in order for them to meet the higher Euro 6 emissions standard.

I can also advise that the Euro 6 standard doesn’t come into effect on Motorhomes until sometime in 2017"

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it, and it'll be very interesting to see how it performs compared with the legendary VW 5-cylinder 2.5 tdi which I have on the Clubman.

Cymro
But why are you being charged for an additional filler when its fitted anyway. Build numbers have always been issued to dealers so they know delivery. Chassis number next so you can allocate a personalised plate through DVLA if required.

Please see my reply from AS below.

Your interpretation of the ASOC meeting notes is correct, for 2015 we will be supplying our Motorhomes with both the Whale system and the manual filler so no amendments are needed to your order.  Your friend is also correct though in that for 2014 models we'll install a manual filler FOC when requested before build.

I wouldn't be "not chasing" a dealer taking £50 off me for nothing cymro
andyiow
andyiow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:19 pm

I shall indeed be chasing for my £50; but I'm not generally chasing as to progress.
When I contracted to buy a new one, it was not known that the standard filler would be provided foc. Hence the £50 charge. Thanks to your helpful post, I'll be able to avoid paying for the standard filler.

Off now in the Clubman for what may be it's last holiday in my ownership. We've spent more than 400 nights in it. It'll be a very hard act to follow!
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by andyiow Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:13 pm

Cymro wrote:I shall indeed be chasing for my £50; but I'm not generally chasing as to progress.
When I contracted to buy a new one, it was not known that the standard filler would be provided foc. Hence the £50 charge. Thanks to your helpful post, I'll be able to avoid paying for the standard filler.

Off now in the Clubman for what may be it's last holiday in my ownership. We've spent more than 400 nights in it. It'll be a very hard act to follow!
If you ordered it before may then that is the case but after that I would have expected a dealer to know. Enjoy your last hols in the clubman, cymro.
andyiow
andyiow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by andyiow Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:15 pm

New model range now on Autosleeper web site to download. Looks fantastic in its new interior and new cab.
andyiow
andyiow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:25 pm

Having looked at the new design at the Lincoln show I don't think its that much of a transformation over the previous model, the difference externally is so subtle you'd hardly notice, narrower lights with inbuilt DRL's and more rounded edges, grill slightly different etc 

Unlike the new Transits it's not a hugely noticeable change IMO

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by andyiow Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:45 pm

Lincoln models were pre production I'm told.
andyiow
andyiow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:36 am

Agree CC, nothing to get over excited about.  Had a look at a "Tree Cutters" new Transit in our close yesterday and the bonnet had shrunk somewhat compared to ours
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:51 am

roli wrote:Agree CC, nothing to get over excited about.  Had a look at a "Tree Cutters" new Transit in our close yesterday and the bonnet had shrunk somewhat compared to ours

Hi Roger... Actually think Ford have done a great job on the new Transit, reminds me of an American truck with the new bigger grill.. Like you I think AutoSleeper should be building on these again. Another cab I think they could build on is the latest Renault cabs as a few other converters do and as they used too in past years.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:56 pm

I saw a new Tranny coming at me yesterday and was a bit shocked.
I thought the grille looked quite small, compared to the US truck analogy.

I always used to think that new model cars and 'vans always made the old ones look dated.
Maybe it's me getting old, but I tend to think the older classic shapes look better these days. scratch head
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:32 pm

nuevoboy wrote:I saw a new Tranny coming at me yesterday and was a bit shocked.
I thought the grille looked quite small, compared to the US truck analogy.

I always used to think that new model cars and 'vans always made the old ones look dated.
Maybe it's me getting old, but I tend to think the older classic shapes look better these days. scratch head

Maybe it's just me but I personally thought the front end was quite imposing and truck like in style (obviously on a smaller scale) as it comes towards you on the road... 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:53 am

Don't confuse A/S with any other cab options they have enough trouble coping with the two they've got !!!
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:08 am

paul bullock wrote:Don't confuse A/S with any other cab options they have enough trouble coping with the two they've got !!!

I don't think its the cab options that are the problem, it's the number of different models they manufacturer, they would be better in my opinion reducing the number of models and just do the same vehicles in different layout options so you order the model you want in the layout that best suits you.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:32 am

What cab options! just try ordering a manual gearbox Merc ,it may be in A/S brochures but it really doesn't exist!!!! confused3
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2