new facelifted Boxer

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty new facelifted Boxer

Post by nimbus on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:37 pm

Does anyone know when the new models will be arriving in the showrooms?

I passed a transporter on the M5 northbound yesterday with a load of them on board with the campervan chassis but not going to Autosleepers as they weren't in white. But at least they've arrived in the country so it can't be too long.
avatar
nimbus
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 227
Joined : 2011-03-07
Member Age : 78
Location : Bristol
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by andyiow on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:50 am

Ordered a 2015 Broadway delivery to dealer end of October, pick up first week in November, maybe availability is model specific though. smile!
andyiow
andyiow
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 85
Joined : 2012-08-09
Member Age : 66
Location : Freshwater Isle of Wight
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK 2015

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:00 pm

nimbus wrote:Does anyone know when the new models will be arriving in the showrooms?

I passed a transporter on the M5 northbound yesterday with a load of them on board with the campervan chassis but not going to Autosleepers as they weren't in white. But at least they've arrived in the country so it can't be too long.
I guess in time for the 64 plates on 1st Sept and roll out at the NEC show in Oct. Let's hope they have sorted out the water ingress into the engine bay from the scuttle, after all these years . Looking at the design of the front end it's just possible. smile!
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by groundhog on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:55 pm

To me it looks a little prettier than the old one!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Posts : 2349
Joined : 2011-08-01
Location : Poldarkland
Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by andyiow on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:23 pm

hoopman wrote:
nimbus wrote:Does anyone know when the new models will be arriving in the showrooms?

I passed a transporter on the M5 northbound yesterday with a load of them on board with the campervan chassis but not going to Autosleepers as they weren't in white. But at least they've arrived in the country so it can't be too long.
I guess in time for the 64 plates on 1st Sept and roll out at the NEC show in Oct. Let's hope they have sorted out the water ingress into the engine bay from the scuttle, after all these years . Looking at the design of the front end it's just possible. smile!
When I ordered I was told the new chassis would arrive September at the works. I still havnt got a build number yet.  shrugg
andyiow
andyiow
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 85
Joined : 2012-08-09
Member Age : 66
Location : Freshwater Isle of Wight
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK 2015

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by ajrm on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:28 pm

I parked next to one in France a couple of weeks ago, although it was a Ducato based Rapido coach built. Looks ok, but it seems to be just the bonnet, grill and bumper that have changed, the dash looked the same but with what looked like a sat nag screen in place of the radio.
TBH, I didn't really notice even though I walked past it a few times. It was only when I looked out of my window at where my front running lights are that I noticed it wasn't quite the same as mine.....

Allan

_________________
Ex Autosleeper Broadway FB owner, now driving a Burstner Lyseo Harmony Line Ti 736
ajrm
ajrm
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 556
Joined : 2013-06-17
Member Age : 64
Location : Brittany
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by andyiow on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:57 pm

ajrm wrote:I parked next to one in France a couple of weeks ago, although it was a Ducato based Rapido coach built. Looks ok, but it seems to be just the bonnet, grill and bumper that have changed, the dash looked the same but with what looked like a sat nag screen in place of the radio.
TBH, I didn't really notice even though I walked past it a few times. It was only when I looked out of my window at where my front running lights are that I noticed it wasn't quite the same as mine.....

Allan
I agree but we thought the residuals would be a little better when we came to trading in in a few years time. Your right there is a built in sat nav and touch screen and the DRL's are incorporated in the headlights too. AS wlll now only supply the 150 engine option. The new chassis has start/stop technology also as standard on the 130 engine so waiting to see what the final AS spec will be. as DRL's are standard I am told I may get Fog lights in the premium pack. Ordered to winter pack too so no curtains at the front. We also have ordered the new furnature finish available on the new cab.
andyiow
andyiow
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 85
Joined : 2012-08-09
Member Age : 66
Location : Freshwater Isle of Wight
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK 2015

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by ajrm on Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:26 pm

Apparently, the openings where you would think the DRL's would be, are steps to allow you to climb up to clean the windscreen.
That one function is worth getting the face lifted front for
Allan

_________________
Ex Autosleeper Broadway FB owner, now driving a Burstner Lyseo Harmony Line Ti 736
ajrm
ajrm
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 556
Joined : 2013-06-17
Member Age : 64
Location : Brittany
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by andyiow on Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:38 pm

Thats a plus I can leave the two step step ladder at home, save some more weight. I am 6'2" and struggle to reach the top middle of the screen at the moment.
andyiow
andyiow
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 85
Joined : 2012-08-09
Member Age : 66
Location : Freshwater Isle of Wight
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK 2015

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by andyiow on Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:32 pm

andyiow wrote:
hoopman wrote:
nimbus wrote:Does anyone know when the new models will be arriving in the showrooms?

I passed a transporter on the M5 northbound yesterday with a load of them on board with the campervan chassis but not going to Autosleepers as they weren't in white. But at least they've arrived in the country so it can't be too long.
I guess in time for the 64 plates on 1st Sept and roll out at the NEC show in Oct. Let's hope they have sorted out the water ingress into the engine bay from the scuttle, after all these years . Looking at the design of the front end it's just possible. smile!
When I ordered I was told the new chassis would arrive September at the works. I still havnt got a build number yet.  shrugg
Build number arrived at dealers Friday.
andyiow
andyiow
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 85
Joined : 2012-08-09
Member Age : 66
Location : Freshwater Isle of Wight
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK 2015

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by moggyminor1966 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:50 pm

andyiow wrote:Thats a plus I can leave the two step step ladder at home, save some more weight. I am 6'2" and struggle to reach the top middle of the screen at the moment.

Easiest way to clean the top middle of the windscreen is to open the door and use the frame to step up onto the tyre. You can even do this to reach the lower part of the roof for cleaning.
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 462
Joined : 2011-08-14
Member Age : 73
Location : Somerset
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:28 am

Not sure I could justify buying the new chassis for the minimal changes made (and not the same as Ducato). From what I read Peugeot have increased their price by £255 but I dare say AS will be at least 5% over the current model.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by Cymro on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:36 am

Milhouse wrote: From what I read Peugeot have increased their price by £255 but I dare say AS will be at least 5% over the current model.
A/S dealer told me in July that the price of a new-chassis Nueveo will be going up by between £1K and £1.7K. That's why I ordered one because A/S apparently told dealer that A/S would absorb price increase if I ordered then.
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 2081
Joined : 2011-06-05
Location : Caerdydd - Cardiff
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:24 pm

You did the right thing as I think the Broadway with the premium pack will be nudging close to £60k.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by andyiow on Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:41 pm

Cymro wrote:
Milhouse wrote: From what I read Peugeot have increased their price by £255 but I dare say AS will be at least 5% over the current model.
A/S dealer told me in July that the price of a new-chassis Nueveo will be going up by between £1K and £1.7K. That's why I ordered one because A/S apparently told dealer that A/S would absorb price increase if I ordered then.
Hi Cymro, me too I was told £1.5k but I suppose its only really £500 as there will only be the 150 engine available in the new cab. Have you been offered the new interior cabinets with your order and have you had your build number and delivery window yet.

Andy
andyiow
andyiow
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 85
Joined : 2012-08-09
Member Age : 66
Location : Freshwater Isle of Wight
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK 2015

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by Cymro on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:29 pm

Thanks, Andy. I didn't know about the engine or about new cabinets, so I've emailed my dealer. Shall report when I receive a reply. Thanks for alerting me!

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 2081
Joined : 2011-06-05
Location : Caerdydd - Cardiff
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by andyiow on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:39 pm

Cymro wrote:Thanks, Andy. I didn't know about the engine or about new cabinets, so I've emailed my dealer. Shall report when I receive a reply. Thanks for alerting me!

Cymro

The new finish is called Valencia, There is a sample door front that if your dealer asks for he should get to forward on to you. There is only the 150 option for engines too. If you look at Marquis they have announced they too will only have the 150 option on their majestic range. As the two companies are closely related and although I have no proof of this, I would imagine there has been a deal done with Peugeot. Whistle1
andyiow
andyiow
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 85
Joined : 2012-08-09
Member Age : 66
Location : Freshwater Isle of Wight
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK 2015

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by Cymro on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:49 am

andyiow wrote:
....  there will only be the 150 engine available in the new cab.
Andy

Have now discovered that only the New Nuevo EK will have the 150 engine - somewhat perversely the ES (which is heavier and has a different chassis) will not have the more powerful engine but only the 130. I'm sure that'll be adequate, but it's very odd, isn't it?

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 2081
Joined : 2011-06-05
Location : Caerdydd - Cardiff
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by andyiow on Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:11 pm

Very strange having been told direct the only option is the 150. Still that was for a Broadway.
andyiow
andyiow
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 85
Joined : 2012-08-09
Member Age : 66
Location : Freshwater Isle of Wight
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK 2015

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by andyiow on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:13 pm

Just seen an update on the new cab. not just a new cab but reports now indicate all boxer 2015 mdels will have a fully lined shower room. More updates to be released soon but said to be "a host of goodies". Perhaps we will know more next weekend as AS are at the Dusseldorf show.
andyiow
andyiow
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 85
Joined : 2012-08-09
Member Age : 66
Location : Freshwater Isle of Wight
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK 2015

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by andyiow on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:24 pm

Nuevo and Broadway 2015 will have auto options built on a Ducato.
andyiow
andyiow
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 85
Joined : 2012-08-09
Member Age : 66
Location : Freshwater Isle of Wight
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK 2015

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by Bertie Bassett on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:57 pm

andyiow wrote:Nuevo and Broadway 2015 will have auto options built on a Ducato.

Andy can you give us a link to the updates please? Have to say the thought of an Auto Fiat is good, that'll mean Mrs BB will take her turn behind the wheel (outside UK anyway.) Can't wait till you get yours up! so that we can get a heads up because due to work we can't get to the October show.

_________________
Third and final retirement achieved. Should have done it years ago. Life really is too short.
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 130
Joined : 2014-07-11
Member Age : 70
Location : Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by andyiow on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:53 pm

Here it is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
andyiow
andyiow
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 85
Joined : 2012-08-09
Member Age : 66
Location : Freshwater Isle of Wight
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK 2015

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by andyiow on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:03 am

Subscribed on YouTube too on the Dusseldorf caravan salon channel. Show starts tomorrow and AS are there. We may get a sneak peek of whats to come. Otherwise it will be the NEC. Love to see what I've bought.  smile!
andyiow
andyiow
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 85
Joined : 2012-08-09
Member Age : 66
Location : Freshwater Isle of Wight
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK 2015

Back to top Go down

new facelifted Boxer Empty Re: new facelifted Boxer

Post by andyiow on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:11 am

AS link to Dusseldorf

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
andyiow
andyiow
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 85
Joined : 2012-08-09
Member Age : 66
Location : Freshwater Isle of Wight
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK 2015

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum