The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benefit entitlements

+17
millenium falcon
rds60h
Dutto
boxerman
Gram
pablo
PennyandDerek
Bertie Bassett
rogerblack
-mojo-
daisy mae
Jaytee
padraigpost
oldfred
modelman
Traficlady
crimbo
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Benefit entitlements - Page 3 Empty Re: Benefit entitlements

Post by daisy mae Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:18 am

I think we were better off with her than any PM since, trouble is the unions didn`t like it when they couldn`t get their own way and holding the country to ransom, unions were and are the downfall of this country, alright to start with getting better working conditions etc. , but didn`t help folk to keep their jobs, and owners packed up with the workforce they coundn`t carry on, so we are now dependant on other countries, all because no one was thinking of the future only the present at the time, yes I am old enough to remember the three day week and the ship builders going on strike when there were big orders to fill as the orders weren`t fulfilled the shipyards packed up.

I know I have opened a can of worms here, fed up with folk saying it their  fault or HER fault, nothing to do with them of course, how many were buying coal,? in support of the miners not many even the miners had gas fires, and they wondered why they didn`t have a job, how many supported British industry again not many, and some wonder why we have nothing left in this country, once the best workers and producers, and proud of it, now we are has beens. never get it back what we once had no good blaming Politian's,  the unions and workers had the upper hand and held the country to ransom and shot themselves in the foot for doing so,  but didn`t do the best for themselves. union members were ok they didn`t go without money like the strikers did.

Just my opinion based not on hear say but lived through it .

I will   sit back awaiting the brickbats.  quick_run

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by rds60h Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:59 am

Daisy Mae, I will just say I will agree to disagree with you on the above.
Don't get me wrong, there certainly was some blame to be laid at the feet of the militant Unions, but there was also blame to be laid down to Company Management and also to Political reactions.
Industry at that time had suffered and was still suffering from a complete lack of investment and the British workers were working with completely out of date machinery and work places, because profit was more important than re-investment.
We often hear it said about lazy and bad quality workmanship from British Industry, but Japanese Companies such as Honda, Nissan and Toyota have all said that the build quality and the output levels from their British Plants are the best in the World, but then they invested in the latest equipment and conditions, which seems to suggest that the best treatment, equipment and conditions gets the best results from the best workforce.........................the British Workforce.
rds60h
rds60h

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : None

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:15 am

Ok rds60h   I take your point, we all have out opinion as it is every ones right to have a say, well at the moment anyway, so we will agree to disagree, how civilised is that.  hugegrins  hugegrins

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by rds60h Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:34 am

Just the way it should be Daisy Mae, it would be a boring world if everything and everyone was the same with the same opinions.
Because I don't agree with someone does not mean that I can't respect their view, and I can see certain aspects of where you are coming from.
rds60h
rds60h

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:54 am

Swansea Jac wrote:Oh no!  I wasn't thinking of her!  Anyway...she wore a tie until she got in!...Sadly she put the kibosh on the chances of any other woman succeeding in politics ever again!
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=thatcher+wearing+a+tie&noj=1&tbm=isch&imgil=1cH-QZEab2vU8M%253A%253B4dtEio2oC84iNM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fcharitychic.wordpress.com%25252F2012%25252F09%25252F27%25252Fmrs-thatcher-a-style-icon%25252F&source=iu&usg=__nDYpVZ80o1u07F6ALwkHiphsOHo%3D&sa=X&ei=0uncU7jyHYfB7Aa6hIH4DA&ved=0CEEQ9QEwBA&biw=1024&bih=639#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=1cH-QZEab2vU8M%253A%3B4dtEio2oC84iNM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fcharitychic.files.wordpress.com%252F2012%252F09%252Fmargaret-thatcher.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fcharitychic.wordpress.com%252F2012%252F09%252F27%252Fmrs-thatcher-a-style-icon%252F%3B545%3B454

AAaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!  bouncing  bouncing  bouncing 

I innocently clicked on that site and ------   Aaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh!!  bouncing  bouncing  bouncing 

Please ensure that Posts like that carry a "Health Warning" in future!   think_smiley_46  think_smiley_46 

What a cruel thing to do to an old man!  tap_fingers  tap_fingers 

Best regards,
 drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Sorry about that!  broomstick
Swansea Jac