The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waze app

3 posters

Go down

Waze app Empty Waze app

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:09 am

Came across this navigation app I think Jaytee mentioned it in another thread seems excellent considering its free, I like free  up!  

Wondered if any others have used it and if its possible to import tomtom ect poi's.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Waze app Empty Re: Waze app

Post by Betty's Mum Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:38 pm

Hmmm, I use the Waze app and it can be very useful, but sometimes it takes you on unnecessary detours!  The live road reports are useful.  No idea if you can import to it.

My advice with any new navigation aid is to 'practice' with it - turn it on for journeys you know well, then you can see how it behaves before trying to use it on roads you do not know.  I still pre-plan my routes with Google Maps but use the satnav as a reminder and of course, the inevitable home-in on the destination.

Am I the only person that can still get lost even with satnav?  scratch head
Betty's Mum
Betty's Mum

Female

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : VW T4 Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:41 pm

Short term you can be lost. but stop and programme the satnav should get you going again.
I often have to re programme my Tom Tom. In my case i am not lost but Tom Tom is!
regards

mike hugegrins
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:15 am

I have got 38000 odd points now on WAZE (it adds points for amount of miles you drive etc, pointless really, excuse the pun) and I use it on all journeys other than local. 
Has saved me mega delays diverting off M1 etc and being live does advise of jams or slow moving traffic so you can reroute if you want. You don't HAVE to divert as if you zoom out you can check your whole route for traffic/roadworks/flood closures etc b4 you even leave.
Also covers most of the world so very handy when in the Amazon for example  hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum