The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malvern / Gloucester Modifications

2 posters

Go down

Malvern / Gloucester Modifications Empty Malvern / Gloucester Modifications

Post by Peter Brown Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:45 pm

I don’t think any two vans are exactly the same but the following may be of interest if applicable.

These two models are the same van, the Gloucester being under the Marquis brand.

Before delivery of the Malvern I had the dealer install a solar panel, replace the omnidirectional aerial with a directional, add a 230v power socket behind the drivers seat (for the oil filled heater in winter), install a 12v socket in the cupboard over the wardrobe, run a skart lead from the TV to that cupboard and fit an external tv aerial connection.  The latter three were to facilitate use of my satellite receiver and connection of the then used tripod mounted satellite dish.

Neither of the shelves above the bed had space to accommodate a glass so the middle one from each side was removed, swapped to the other side and fitted lower down.  See photograph.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The wine glasses were fitted to the bottom of the cupboard requiring removal of bottles to access them so they were re-located to the top.  The AS supplied glasses came in to the house to join their predecessors and wine tasting glasses from the Cave at Turkheim replaced them.  See photograph.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The melamine crockery set was despatched to a charity shop and a ceramic set obtained from Dunelm Mill.  The chromed wire cup and plate racks were removed and Velcro ties installed.

The next spring it was found impossible to store the Lafuma recliners under the bed so, the novelty having worn off, the electric bed adjustment mechanism was removed to the loft and the unplugged wiring stored in the spare space in the battery box.  The battery (wired as a second leisure battery) had enough spare cable to allow it to be moved into the corner making a very useful space under the bed.

There is not much space on the roof after the solar panel is installed but I found just enough space for a Crankup Plus satellite aerial about a year ago.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Malvern / Gloucester Modifications Empty Re: Malvern / Gloucester Modifications

Post by groundhog Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi Peter
You have been busy, I do like the idea of mounting the glasses up higher like that though, must have a look and see how that would work for us. Like you we ditched the A/S crockery and cutlery and use 'proper' glassware and we have opted for correlle crockery, We are lucky in that we buy it in Canada at about half the UK price and twice the choice of design. It is incredibly light, virtually unbreakable and feels just like bone china.

The other thing I have done is added a nickel magnetic catch to the oven door, no more rattles and shakes, bought it off ebay for next to nothing!

So many mods and great to share what others have done although we have different vans.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down