The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

not exactly a motorhome accessory....

+5
Paulmold
roli
daisy mae
minky58
Sookey
9 posters

Go down

not exactly a motorhome accessory.... Empty not exactly a motorhome accessory....

Post by Sookey Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:16 pm

Have just sent off for a few of these  http://www.bhs.co.uk/en/bhuk/product/home-lighting-2253424/home-sale-1020708/bathroom-1020733/towels-1022372/ProductDisplay?catalogId=34096&storeId=13077&productId=11361682&langId=-1&categoryId=471210&parent_categoryId=471111   half price at the moment and free delivery over £10.
 Being thinner, they should also take up less room in the van and, if their claims are true, will be quick drying  - ideal for use in the van

Sookey
walkies
Sookey
Sookey
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

not exactly a motorhome accessory.... Empty Re: not exactly a motorhome accessory....

Post by minky58 Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:18 pm

I hope they prove to be better than the microfibre towels I bought. They are horrible. Yes they they dry out quick but are very uncomfortable to dry with. Keep us posted. Would be interested to hear how good they are.
minky58
minky58

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

Back to top Go down

not exactly a motorhome accessory.... Empty Re: not exactly a motorhome accessory....

Post by daisy mae Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:19 pm

With microfibre towels you don`t rub yourself dry, you pat dry, if you understand me, they do work and dry quickly also lighter and take up less room, have found the cheaper ones not so good.

Margaret
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by minky58 Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi Margaret.

Paid £12 each for them, and followed the instructions about patting dry. They worked but did not like the experience (or feeling). I think I have been spoilt with nice big, fluffy towels! I'm such a wimp!

Chris snigger
minky58
minky58

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:55 pm

I know what you mean, I  too prefer "proper towels " hugegrins

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:09 am

Ours got relagated to the garage
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:33 am

Our microfibre towels are stuffed at the back of the airing cupboard never to see the light of day again.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by minky58 Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:42 am

If you cut them to size they make great cleaning/window cloths. up!
minky58
minky58

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:51 am

Paulmold wrote:Our microfibre towels are stuffed at the back of the airing cupboard never to see the light of day again.
Same here: the concept (saving space) appealed to me; my wife took an instant dislike to them - they have no slip, and feel rough and "uncuddly". I persevered - it was my initiative - but quietly gave up. I'd forgotten about them until now. Maybe cut them up for dusters... !
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by bonnie Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:34 pm

They are very good for drying cars!!!
bonnie
bonnie

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Suffolk
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:28 pm

and dogs!

Nora

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Sookey Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:59 pm

The results are in snigger 

The towels do seem a lot thinner, but once through the washing machine they fluffed up a bit ( I personally dont like fluffy towels - but they may appeal to you, Chris and no patting involved smile! ). They were quick to dry in the tumble dryer (20minutes, but how long would 2 towels take in the dryer anyway???)
They did have a slight feel of a microfibre towel about them, but once they've been washed a few times that might go. I hung the towel out afterwards and it did dry pretty quick - and if you dried yourself Dutto style, it would be even quicker (for those not in the know, that's drying yourself off with a flannel first and it makes a huge difference to how damp your towel gets.  allthumbz Ian)
As for space saving - I rolled one up into 11" long by 5" diameter, so it would save a bit of space. (Dont all go running to the airing cupboard with your tape measures snigger )

So, would I recommend them?. Think I'll wait until I've used them a few times. Off in the van for a week, with my grandaughter, for half term, so will try them out then
regards

Moira
walkies
Sookey
Sookey
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:02 am

I have some (which have been related to other jobs or just to the cupboard) which I washed once on a site. I didn't put them in the dryer but hung them out (I don't like commercial dryers). They took hours to dry because they soak up so much water. 

Nora

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by matchlessman Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:20 pm

A word of warning 

I once had a very good microfibre towel. I could go to the facilities, have a good wash dry myself and with a little bit of waving the towel was dry by the time I had walked back to my tent. Absolutely perfect for motorcycle camping.

I lent said towel to my parents when they drove through New Zealand in a hired camper. Before going, mother decided to wash the towel (it had already been washed by Mrs Matchlessman) followed by tumble drying.

Unfortunately the tumble dryer killed it! It lost a lot of its soaking up ability, and developed a bad tendency to smell after a couple of days of use. It also seemed to take longer to dry,

The label clearly said DO NOT TUMBLE DRY (mother doesn't do washing instructions....)

Needless to say I won't make that offer again..
matchlessman
matchlessman

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Ex owner - Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down