The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A week on the west coast

3 posters

Go down

A week on the west coast Empty A week on the west coast

Post by Dave 418 Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:16 pm

We have just had a week away starting in Anglsey and wandered down the west coast to Pembrokeshire. I used to holiday in this area as a kid in the sixtes, not driving then. One thing that realy became a pain was the speed limits. If we came to steep hill you could garantee that the limit droped from 60 to 30 just before the hill.frustrating  My old Duetto aint fast at the best of times but has the grunt for most hills but the lack of a run up was not good. I formed a few good convoys en route. Also this thing about waving,wave  I think the other motorhome drivers must have been asleep. I was lucky to get a wave once a day. One old guy with a battered Sherpa nearly fell out of his van waving. Aoutosleeper owners must been in hiding all week. A good week away though and the van lives on .
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Sookey Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:48 pm

Glad you had a good week away - we did think of going to Anglesey at the beginning of the month, but ended up in the Cotswolds instead (at Moreton in Marsh site - have never seen so many wardens before on one site, three couples and a singleton). Which campsite did you stay at and would you recommend it?. I may head up that way come the Spring.
As for waving - I have given up now and only wave if someone waves to me first. I used to take it so personally if someone didnt return my wave lol4 .
regards
Moira
Sookey
Sookey
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

A week on the west coast Empty Re: A week on the west coast

Post by modelman Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:31 pm

Had a week in Anglesea a month ago, & we enjoyed it very much, lovely place.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

A week on the west coast Empty Re: A week on the west coast

Post by Dave 418 Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:46 pm

We stayed at Home Farm Caravan Park Marianglas. A bit pricy but a very nice site. Dont follow sat nav to the post code, it takes you to a static caravan park down a very narow lane, stay on the main road . We walked round the copper mines at Parys mountain after visiting Port Amlwch. A nice day out with chipy tea on the sea front at Benlech bay. good2
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Sookey Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Thanks, Dave 418, Home Farm does look a nice site - the price seems to be average for most camp sites these days, but £2.50 per dog per night? (If I took my sister with me, that would be £5 per night ---- that sounded so wrong snigger what I meant is she has a dog, as well !!!) . Not sure what they're charging for - emptying the poo bins ? Or is it to discourage people from taking their dogs with them???  shrugg 

Moira
Sookey
Sookey
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down