The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jerry built or Coachbuilt?

3 posters

Go down

Jerry built or Coachbuilt? Empty Jerry built or Coachbuilt?

Post by ajrm Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:20 pm

Ok, that's probably going a little too far, but I am amazed at the amount if fittings that have either been poorly assembled or fallen off my new Broadway FB
Within a week the heated towel rail had fallen apart and 3 press studs on the side facing seat bases had fallen off. Within two months ( and our first trip away) all the fitted holders in the bathroom had fallen off ( the grub screws had come undone) and the towel ring holder had fallen off the door. The screws had pulled out of the door, and in closer inspection, they were screwed straight into the hardboard door panel with no wooden batten behind it or proper cavity fixings.
I had to drill the holes out, insert spring toggle brackets, and screw the bracket to the door properly!
The waste tank sensor has already given up displaying anything like it should, and I have had to reassemble, properly, a couple of the kitchen cabinets.
We are going away again to France for a few days tomorrow, lets hope everything has settled down and nothing else falls off!
Apart from that, it's a great van
Allan
ajrm
ajrm

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Jerry built or Coachbuilt? Empty Re: Jerry built or Coachbuilt?

Post by groundhog Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Yep that sounds about right for a new van, lucky there was nothing more major. They are all thge same whatever make and model, bits not connected, falling off etc.....scratch head

We are going to France tomorrow as well, have a good trip.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Jerry built or Coachbuilt? Empty Re: Jerry built or Coachbuilt?

Post by DuxDeluxe Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Sorry to hear that - annoying but at least nothing too serious. The towel ring came off the bathroom door last week but that was after 3 years so I've been lucky. The most annoying thing is the door bin that is screwed into the plastic and simply fell off when I walked into it. Finally fixed in place using screws and sikaflex glue

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down