The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Length does matter

2 posters

Go down

Length does matter Empty Length does matter

Post by peanuts Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi All,

Putting this in 2 categories as I don't know which it belongs in. Just written off my 1995 Executive (they don't bounce on rollovers!) and want to update to some forward facing belted seats and it seems that (if I want Peugeot) the only contender is the Pollensa, I know nothing about it, the ones I'm looking at are 2.8, can some tell me what they're like in fuel, performance, ease of bed use, can you stand up in the cab like you can in the executive, etc., etc.. I'll have to buy one sight unseen as they're all 150+ miles away and due to bowel cancer I can't do a there and back trip without a personal loo (aka a motorhome!)

Thanks in advance

Peanuts
peanuts
peanuts

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa

Back to top Go down

Length does matter Empty Re: Length does matter

Post by jimthefish Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:25 pm

Hi, When you say forward facing seat belts. I assume your looking at a 4 berth, if that's so you wont be able to stand up in the cab as they have the beds above them. A 2.8 diesel will give you about 22-24 MPG some say 25-30 MPG but I think that includes rolling down hills out of gear. The beds on my mates Pollensa are the seat unless you want to convert to a full bed, which is easy but the person sleeping near the cab has to climb over the other person to get to the loo. Hope this helps. I have a Nuevo which has the same set up but is a 2.2 HDI engine giving 23-26 MPG. Jim
jimthefish
jimthefish

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Length does matter Empty Thanks

Post by peanuts Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:47 am

Hi,

Thanks for the answers:allthumbz: , I too can roll down hill, unfortunately it was sideways! Still don't know which way to go, I'll keep looking.

Cheers

Peanuts
peanuts
peanuts

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa

Back to top Go down