The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Announcement

+52
chrismacgowan
daisy mae
ade700
AlanT
Lotusanne
inspiredron
mikethebike
Dago
murph
fisherman3
Andy R
Den and Colin
Robbie
TeamRienza
journeyman
newterry
prestbury
Paulmold
Enn
hillwalker
DuxDeluxe
dandywarhol
grasscutter
Wingrider8368
Peter S
Alan.C
Cymro
Annevan
Tommy-Darcy
minky58
peugeotboxer
Ann B
vwt4
orian
terrybrinklow
Flying High
BobK
Waves117
Doris
andygump
algy
Groper
ian
Nuevo
rose49f
Peter Brown
roli
modelman
Dutto
chrisvesey
nuevoboy
Admin
56 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Announcement - Page 2 Empty Re: Announcement

Post by peugeotboxer Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Please, please continue...............................as you say, "ex forum members"..................well they can't cause any more trouble then!!
Keep up the good work.
We all benefit from it.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by minky58 Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:52 pm

Well I find this site informative and friendly. Keep it going.
minky58
minky58

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:52 pm

Whaaaattttttt..................NOOOOOOOO !

Who's been giving you grief, we will get the guys n gals together for a visit and force feed them ASOF window stickers until they choke undecided  

This site is fantastic, and as many others before me have already mentioned, one if not THE best of it's type up!

The work of the admin and moderators is never an easy one, but here there always seems harmony. Everyone I have "spoken" to on here I can (I think/hope) consider to be friends. Through this forum I have personally met a few lovely like minded people, and had a blooming good laugh with them. Something which would not have happened without this forum. smile!

If some numpty doesn't agree with the way you run it, or agree with your associations of any kind with other Autosleeper 3rd parties, then fine.

They can walk out the door, needn't turn around, as they're not welcome anymore hugegrins

Seriously though, you have more support than I think you may have realised before posting this. Keep up the good work allthumbz

Many thanks

Ian, Ann, Molly Dog and obviously Tommy-Darcy x

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Annevan Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:21 pm

Hi Admin

I'm a new member who hasn't posted much but I love this forum. The members seem helpful, witty, polite and interesting. I check in most evenings and leave with lots more knowledge and usually a smile and good feeling. Great forum, your work is much appreciated. Please keep it going.

Anne
Annevan
Annevan

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:30 am

Dear Admin,

I'm afraid I missed your announcement when it was published. Had I seen it, my immediate reaction would be exactly as written by Nuevoboy in the first reply to the announcement. It's worth re-reading it.

That a disagreement develops between those who run an enterprise – such as the Board of a company - is sad, but not unusual. That such disagreement becomes so fundamental that one person leaves the enterprise, voluntarily or otherwise, is likewise not unusual. But what is unusual is for the remaining director(s) to contemplate, in the wake of the disagreement, to fold the enterprise and walk away. Whilst I really can understand how disappointed and annoyed you must be, I do hope that you'll overcome the urge to jack it all in: that would be punishing the 3,000+ Members.

As Annevan wrote in her / his response: “The members seem helpful, witty, polite and interesting.” That is a tribute to you and your colleagues who invest so much time and money on our behalf. The ethos of this site is precisely what Annevan says, and that's what sets it apart. And makes it addictive.

You are undoubtedly assured of the loyal support of the active members.

Thank you.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan.C Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:01 pm

I second all of the above, chin up and keep going!up!
Alan.C
Alan.C

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter S Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:35 pm

Dear Admin
please don't walk away from the Forum.
We really enjoy using it and have learnt so much that helped us when we bought Gertie. 
We can't imagine, but are grateful for, how much work you have put into establishing and running the site and, like other posters, enjoy the characters it brings together. We begin to look out for them on campsites and hope to meet a few of you some day.
Peter  Announcement - Page 2 617245
Peter S
Peter S

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe

Back to top Go down

Announcement - Page 2 Empty I second that

Post by Wingrider8368 Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:47 pm

I would like to second, third and multiples thereof the positive comments that have been made above.   I to have found this forum to be friendly and informative and while I still cannot afford my Symbol, I am learning what to look for when I can.  I do not post much but occasionally comment, but most evenings I look at the posts since last visit and as someone else commented, I would miss it.  It is the only forum that holds my attention, so please keep up the good work and don't let the bar stewards get you down. 
KR
Ken

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Announcement - Page 2 Empty I second that

Post by Wingrider8368 Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:48 pm

I would like to second, third and multiples thereof the positive comments that have been made above.   I to have found this forum to be friendly and informative and while I still cannot afford my Symbol, I am learning what to look for when I can.  I do not post much but occasionally comment, but most evenings I look at the posts since last visit and as someone else commented, I would miss it.  It is the only forum that holds my attention, so please keep up the good work and don't let the bar stewards get you down. 
KR
Ken

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by grasscutter Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:19 pm

Must add my appreciation of the forum and its operation. I was 75 a week or so ago so could be included in the old miseries section. I am also a member of ASOC. Both organisations are run by committed volunteers to whom the rest of us are eternally grateful. ASOC is a good old fashioned 'club' organising rallies and mainly relying on its monthly bulletin for communication whereas ASOF is a dynamic face to face communication making help, information, and just chat immediately available via a super slick website. The two have never seemed conflicting to me, so long may both thrive. ADMIN, your drive and initiative in giving us this Forum must be applauded. Please don't cut us loose. G
grasscutter
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : sigma

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:15 pm

"Sorry to say, it seems I have been proved wrong in my naivety."

I think you've answered your own question ADMIN. 

The bigger any group gets, the more people will tend to disagree - friendly forum or not. This forum has grown so quickly for several reasons but one has to be the word of mouth approach by fellow members - that in itself speaks volumes.

I might not agree with some decisions over my time on board but I've learned to accept it and respect the efforts the "Management" put in to keep it working.
Learn from your self confessed naivety and lets move on - people will come and go as they please (or when they are booted out broomstick). Nothing lasts forever but an understanding of human psyche will keep the forum moving onwards and upwards. smile!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi Admin
Apologies I've only just noticed this post and was really concerned when I read what might happen. On Monday our 1st granddaughter was born, so my mind been very much away from the forum this week.

This is a great forum and I would be devastated to see it close down. I would like to echo the sentiments and support that you have received since your posting at the start of the week. I like others, contribute to other forums, but this site is unique in the way your are running it and the rewards it brings, which is a credit to all your hard work and investment. Please don't stop.

Very best wishes
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:54 pm

As above I only just noticed this thread - too busy verbally sparring with Dago on another forum, probably.........

I think it was the late and unlamented President Nixon who said that you cannot fool all the people all the time - the same applies that you simply can't please everyone. This is a favourite forum for several reasons:

- discussions are very constructive even if they do wander amusingly off topic sometimes
- always good natured
- ppl don't wrt txt spk - I cannot stand it!
- no bad language either

I could go on but will then be accused of being boring (true) but this is a great place to be and you can see that by how busy it is.......

Thanks for setting it up and keeping it going - much appreciated from deepest banjo playing darkest Suffolk

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by hillwalker Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Hi,
I would like to add to the appreciation shown to Admin for the work done on this forum. I set up, and ran, a village web site for a number of years and know the time it takes to run one.

I, like others, find myself logging in to the forum once or twice a day because if I don't the amount of post's mean I have less time to polish the van!!!!!!!!

The advice on here is second to none and there are a few people who's posts I open because the wit flows like the proverbial.

I had one reprimand myself from Admin for mentioning a bad word, I think it was Tesco!!, but accepted it and opened another bottle of whisky.

The point is this forum is vital for us ignoramuses (spell check allowed that one) and I don't know if you need any assistance running it but would gladly offer you my time

Regards

Haydn

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Enn Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:58 pm

As everyone else I'm sure, I love the way the forum is run, I love the layout and most of all I find it one of the friendliest forums I've experienced. Members are only too willing to help out or offer advice to the constantly expanding cohort, many have seen the same questions asked many times but always answer as if it is the first.

A good display of understanding and maturity, and just a really good vib, not to mention the very entertaining witticisms. And it's all for free !!!!

It's also the only forum I've received birthday wishes from, you don't get that very often. 

Much support for a truly great forum

Best wishes
Enn
Enn
Enn
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 56
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:49 am

I know I'm rather late in responding to this thread but here goes - This forum is a model of how a forum should operate, helpful, informative, friendly and absolutely addictive! If it were to cease, then I would have to get on with all the jobs that need doing around the house, I would have so much time on my hands to fill instead of sitting here at my laptop in between airport taxi runs. I, like other members, am a member of other forums (in my case, all motorhome forums) but you will find I contribute to those on a small scale compared to here. Even though I've met very few of you, I consider you all to be my mates and it is sad to say I've lost a couple of mates recently but that's as may be and the forum must go on without them. My sincere thanks to Admin and staff and long may it continue - please!

Paul
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:57 am

Thank you everyone for your responses above.

As you can no doubt tell I was having a bad day and was saddened to have to deal with such events. I have since taken a few days out, and on reflection I feel a lot more refreshed and have no intention of taking the site down, and I just wanted to personally thank everyone for their support and kind words.

Regards

Admin.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:12 pm

PHEW!!!

Excellent news!  Am delighted. Well done. And THANKS!

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:34 pm

Thank goodness for that........................................I nearly signed up to Facebook!!   hugegrins

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:42 pm

peugeotboxer wrote:Thank goodness for that........................................I nearly signed up to Facebook!!   hugegrins

PB

No-one should be that desperate!!!
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:51 pm

There are a lot of very dodgy people on facebook.......... I'm one of them!!snigger

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by orian Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:00 pm

Whilst I am pleased that Admin & the team have decided to keep the forum running, I am concerned that we have lost around 10 of our top 40 posters on the forum. 

I suspect they also included people who financially assisted the forum.

If we want this forum to survive then we must step up to the plate.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Well Bob with luck next week or possible the one after one of our top posters will be back home after almost 6 months in hospital and not being able to post

Regarding Facebook, I know its not everybodies cup of tea (im not its greatest fan) but you are all welcome to go on the ASOF Facebook Page you know. Not the most active but Admin set it up so we can all use it !!
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by orian Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:31 pm

roli wrote:Well Bob with luck next week or possible the one after one of our top posters will be back home after almost 6 months in hospital and not being able to post

That's good news Roli.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:40 pm

orian wrote:Whilst I am pleased that Admin & the team have decided to keep the forum running, I am concerned that we have lost around 10 of our top 40 posters on the forum. 

I suspect they also included people who financially assisted the forum.

If we want this forum to survive then we must step up to the plate.

Hello Bob

I'm not sure what you mean by 'We must step up to the plate' ? Perhaps you would validate what you mean by this, so I can attempt to understand better.

These members decided to leave of their own accord. They were not prepared 'before fleeing' to stop and discuss their feelings, or the merit of their wholly incorrect presumptions (bad judgement on their behalves). They know little, if at all any of the facts before passing their judgment. If it's a case of any financial assistance being involved then I will be only too happy to reimburse those involved.

Lastly, nobody on this forum has the right to attempt to oust out newcomers to the forum, and it's certainly not the behavior expected of a member entrusted with the role of a staff Moderator. This forum is not just about a handful of people who think they are superordinate to others joining and I think the whole situation reflects very badly on those concerned not the forum or it's Administration.

Regards

Admin.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum