The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worcester tank drain

3 posters

Go down

Worcester tank drain Empty Worcester tank drain

Post by groundhog Mon May 06, 2013 9:40 am

Has anyone modified the drain tap from the tank at the rear of the Worcester, you know the one that is just asking to get knocked off from the overhang behind the rear wheel drivers side. Mine hits the ground every time I turn into my drive. Thought about either moving it forward towards the wheel or fitting a flexible system. look here

I notice the latest generation Worcester's have smaller lockers and greater ground clearance so not a problem.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Worcester tank drain Empty Re: Worcester tank drain

Post by golly Thu May 16, 2013 4:13 pm

I had the same problem on my Surrey, I moved the tap position forward next to the fresh water drain, that improved things, still need to be careful when fully loaded. I have been looking for a different type of tap that doesn't have a right angle to give a little bit extra clearance, no luck yet.

John
golly
golly

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by JanGlover Fri May 17, 2013 8:08 pm

We've done a really quick and dirty mod: chop off the rigid pipe to just before the second bend, swivel it to face backwards and attach a piece of flexible with the same, or similar tap which is held in a spring clip attached to the back skirt on the van, almost level with the tank bottom and driver side of the tank. It's clumsy, but it's ok.

The fresh water drain is also a problem if you turn left a little too sharp - it's definitely lower than some French kerbs!

Any other solution means dropping the tank and changing the drain holes, which I'll probably do at some point. But there are three inlet and one outlet pipes and a level sensor to reconnect, and I'm not doing that lying under it on the drive. I want something that will empty a full tank in less than a minute, not 5 mins plus.

I described the original design as 'unfortunate' to A-S and they didn't demur, but Marquis wouldn't change it under warranty because it is 'as intended'.

Do you want a photo? It's dark here now (Loviste on the NW end of the Peljesac peninsula in Croatia where we can hear the local jackals at night, they're not supposed to eat people..., but it is beautiful and quiet - apart from said jackals that is), but I might be able to upload a photo tomorrow.

sun
JanGlover
JanGlover

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri May 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks the description is great, something along the lines I was thinking of, never thought about the other drain though although it has been off courtesy of a bad repair. There was a problem with the sender and the electrician fixed the fault and taped the wires back to the tank - badly- the tape came loose went under the back wheel and ripped the pipe off smashing the tap! happyno

Marquis were good as usual though and a new pipe and fittings were couriered to me next day, easy enough repair! frustrating

We are just back from three weeks in the Grenadines ( van resting!) sounds like you are having a fabulous time, think we are going to have to sell this house and use the van a lot more! Enjoy yourselves and don't worry about a picture I get the idea! Thanks
David
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down