The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway waste outlet poorly positioned

2 posters

Go down

Broadway waste outlet poorly positioned Empty Broadway waste outlet poorly positioned

Post by Backtrax Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:29 pm

As we prepare for the first of this years jaunts to France, Mrs Backtrax reminded me of the awful smell created right next to the habitation door and under the awning area, each time I was dumping waste water whilst we were parked up on a site for a few days.
I recall it was not pleasant and that the tank outlet would have been better positioned on the driver side.
So for the cost of a tenner and a couple hours work I have re-routed the outlet to the other side, placing the tap just behind the wet locker - see pic.
Probably a better job would be to have put a new outlet on that side of the tank, but that is a job I chose to leave until it is necessary to remove the tank.
This mod involved undoing the pipe from the tap and removing the tap and its bracket which was relocated to the other side of the van and rivetted in place. The pipe was curled round through 180deg. and connected to a length of 28mm od rigid pipe which I had in the garage. (pipe available at CAK Tanks).
I used a 90 deg elbow and another short length of rigid pipe which I then fixed to some flex 28.5mm pipe which then connected to the tap.
The pipe tranversing the vehicle is supported on the 2 tank supports and zip tied to the tank support drop rods. For additional support I made up a central support strap from light aluminium. The short rigid pipe after the elbow is supported by an aluminium bracket which I rivetted to the wet locker.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Backtrax
Backtrax

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo 2010

Back to top Go down

Broadway waste outlet poorly positioned Empty Re: Broadway waste outlet poorly positioned

Post by DuxDeluxe Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:21 pm

Oh......... Mine is on the driver side behind the rear wheel. Didn't realise that it could be on the near side, which as you say is not the best place by the door. Nice DIY job and thanks for posting it up. up!

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down