The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAR Privatisation ??

+2
Paulmold
deckie
6 posters

Go down

SAR Privatisation ?? Empty SAR Privatisation ??

Post by deckie Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:53 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-12390758

"Irregularities" scratch head ...... I know what I think ...... so angry so angry

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

SAR Privatisation ?? Empty Re: SAR Privatisation ??

Post by Paulmold Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:39 pm

After watching the programme on TV on Thursday about the Sea King helicopter I was gob-smacked to hear of the plans to privatise the Search & Rescue service. I just can't believe that private operators would have the same commitment to saving lives as the present service so I'm glad the plans have been shelved and hope they scrap the plans alltogether.

Just noticed the report link is from Feb 2011, don't know what the current position is.

Last edited by Paulmold on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PS)
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:08 pm

It is typical of the creep in disposing of industries and services that should, and did, belong to the people of this United Kingdom.

Here in N. Ireland we have already lost our SAR which was provided by the Services (mostly from Wales and Scotland). We are now dependant on the Helicoptor being sent from the Republic of Ireland, assuming it is not already tasked. The police now have a helicoptor but not a 'proper one'.

I wonder what the reaction would be if you lived in Kent and had to rely on the French coastguard/militaryfor your SAR.

There is co-operation and there is standing on your own two feet!!

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:22 pm

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Post by Peterm Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:19 pm

According to a person who does a bit of transfer work in the North West, the cost of hiring a helicopter by the NHS has more than doubled due to the changes in provision. The result is that more transfers are taking place by road with the obvious increased risk to the patient.

It would seem to me that the Government (all parties) are more involved in sharing out tax payers money amongst their pals than they are in obtaining the best standards of service at the best price. One wonders how many MPs are consultants for the bidding companies involved. How much of the service will be provided by foreign owned companies, and how much more remitted profit and underpaid tax will contribute to the balance of payments problem. A problem which has reduced my bank balance by thousands of pounds in the last five years, my income by hundreds of pounds, and put my foreign holidays up by a few hundred pounds in the last month alone.

Peterm
Peterm
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:09 am

Hi there,

"For evil to succeed all good men have to do is nothing!" tap_fingers tap_fingers

Not so many years ago the general public in the UK voted for a government to sell off all publicly owned services; and these people couldn't wait to grab their pathetic bit of profit!

THEY "Sowed the wind!" so that YOU may "Reap the whirlwind!" allthumbz allthumbz

Enjoy! wave wave

However, if you are ever lying at the side of the road after an accident, in agony, waiting for a clapped out ambulance to make its way over badly maintained roads and being driven by an inexperienced minimum waged and untrained "gopher" just think to yourself "We are all in this together!" and it won't hurt half as bad! champagne champagne

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by hillwalker Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:04 pm

Paulmold wrote:After watching the programme on TV on Thursday about the Sea King helicopter I was gob-smacked to hear of the plans to privatise the Search & Rescue service. I just can't believe that private operators would have the same commitment to saving lives as the present service so I'm glad the plans have been shelved and hope they scrap the plans alltogether.

Just noticed the report link is from Feb 2011, don't know what the current position is.

Hi Paulmond

Maybe here in Wales they are waiting for Prince Thingy to go elsewhere and then close RAF Valley down

regards

Haydn

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down