The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They need to get there!!

5 posters

Go down

They need to get there!! Empty They need to get there!!

Post by LobbyLudd Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:09 pm

The SECOND time this has just happened within a few months -

You see in you mirrors (and also hear) approaching in the distance from your rear an Ambulance with blue warning lights flashing + sirens.
As per normal and in line with any 'responsible' driver you naturally pull over tight to the side of the road as appropriate to allow the emergency vehicle to make as free progress as possible toward their emergency "mission in hand" .

BUT some people have other ideas or are so preoccupied !! and for the second time lately confused3 !! When I and others ahead of me have clearly indicated, slowed and pulled over, some oddball that had been following me for some time glued to my rear bumper itching to get in front of everybody promptly then overtakes me, blasts his horn and at the same time gives me the gesture that the great man Sir Winston Churchill did not ever to intend the victory sign to be used in that context. I am sure if this particular young man with the shaved head was asked who this famous man was he would say 'aint it a nodding dog off the telly mate'
What do some of these young drivers have between their ears?, and for that matter how on earth does that sort of brain allow them to aquire the sort of money or even the deposit needed to own and insure these 'hot hatch' cars with exhaust pipes the size that a average size dog or fox could disappear into.

Grrrrrrrrr censored!

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

They need to get there!! Empty Re: They need to get there!!

Post by peugeotboxer Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:39 pm

'spose he was an Audi driver?

smile!

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by LobbyLudd Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:32 pm

peugeotboxer wrote:'spose he was an Audi driver?

smile!

PB

In this case it seemed to be a 'customised' fiesta or corsa (you know the ones, surely?)

Should have realised though why did I not think of that think_smiley_46 the dear lad probably was not able to hear the sirens as he must have had the obligatory Boom-Boom-Boom-Boom- Boom machine running at full amps at the time how silly of me!!!! - and that old codger in the motorhome was pulling aside so slowly. blushes

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by brodco Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi wave

peugeotboxer wrote:'spose he was an Audi driver?
Skuuuse me! I had an Audi once. Then I replaced it with a Volvo Whistle1 (sits back and waits for the abuse!) hugegrins

I know you wouldn't think it from the daily evidence but it IS possible to drive them "normally"

Sadly I have to agree with everything LobbyLudd says. I've had similar experiences. The last one involved not an ambulance but a police car. It was on a single carriageway section of the A27 around Worthing. The police car was coming down the centre of the road – siren and lights on so you couldn’t miss it. Nearly everyone was pulling over to the side of the road to create a clear “third lane” in the middle of the road.

I say “nearly” because some numskull behind be decided to use pull out and fly down the centre of the road overtaking everyone and heading toward the police car. Amazingly it was the police car that dived into the side of the road to avoid a collision
I’d like to think the policeman got his number and caught up with him later but I suspect he was to busy avoiding an accident to get the number.

Am I the only one who would actually like to see more traffic police on the road instead of dumb cameras. I know they wouldn’t catch all the morons but they might get a few more of them.

Brod.

brodco
brodco
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:54 pm

Err...... OK Guv! It's a fair cop!

I have to confess I once avoided a load of traffic by tailgating a fire-engine with its lights and bells going all the way through Newmarket!! Whistle1

I was in too much of a hurry to wave to anyone!! wave Why? Is "Day Two of my honeymoon!" a sufficient clue? allthumbz allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by brodco Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:12 pm

wave Hi
Dutto wrote:Err...... OK Guv! It's a fair cop!
I have to confess I once avoided a load of traffic by tailgating a fire-engine with its lights and bells going all the way through Newmarket!! Whistle1
I was in too much of a hurry to wave to anyone!! wave Why? Is "Day Two of my honeymoon!" a sufficient clue? allthumbz allthumbz
OK take a virtual slapping but did you actually slow the fire engine getting to its destination? Sounds as if you were behind it rather than in front of it.

Jumping a cue – naughty ( probably annoyed many fellow road users but I’m not sure it’s actually even illegal).

Rather different from:

Deliberately delaying a fire engine and possibly putting lives at risk – unforgivable (in my opinion anyway) so angry

Brod.
brodco
brodco
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuevo Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:24 pm

Dutto wrote:I have to confess I once avoided a load of traffic by tailgating a fire-engine with its lights and bells going all the way through Newmarket!! Whistle1

I was in too much of a hurry to wave to anyone!!

Love it hugegrins

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:34 pm

Brod,

I was tucked right up its backside and so close that no-one had a chance to get in front of me!

I was driving my Mum's Mini-Cooper at the time. When she bought the car she went for a "Mini" and didn't really know what the Cooper bit meant; it was nippy enough to not delay any town traffic in Newmarket! up!

I rode in a few police-cars when I was in the police and in those days all they had was a bell, a blue flashing light and a loudspeaker!

A mate I met at the police training college was serving in Newark on A1 patrol when the car he was in gave chase to a stolen car.

The policeman sat next to the driver switched on the bell and blue flashing light, snatched up the microphone to the loudspeaker and started to chant "Please keep to the left-side of the road!" "Please keep to the left-side of the road!" as they made their way through some heavy traffic.

This continued until the chant suddenly went "Please keep to the left-side of the road! MIND THE sensored1 IDIOT ON THE sensored1 BIKE! sensored1 HELL THAT WAS sensored1 CLOSE! Please keep to the left-side of the road!"

Happy Days; when "Armed Response" meant that the Police had mobilised The Army to help them out!

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:40 pm

Dutto wrote:

The policeman sat next to the driver switched on the bell and blue flashing light

drinksallround

SWITCHED ON THE BELL??????????????????? hugegrins

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

They need to get there!! Empty Re: They need to get there

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:01 am

Re: "The impatient ones".

When we were passed by one of these idiots, my dad used to say. "Oh there he goes, the first man in the graveyard".

I wonder how many were? scratch head

Mike D

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:56 am

1b449 wrote:Re: "The impatient ones".

When we were passed by one of these idiots, my dad used to say. "Oh there he goes, the first man in the graveyard".

I wonder how many were? scratch head

Mike D

... and my Uncle Jim used to say "I'll buy you that bit of road mate!"

With regard to PB's comment on "the Bell", the engine noise in most cars in those days made it very "iffy" to assume that someone had heard you coming! tap_fingers

The PA was a deadly weapon as well.

Mansfield Market Place 1963. Traffic lights on "Red". Line of traffic with police-car at position five in the line. Front car is a female learner driver.

When the lights go "Green" the learner driver lurches forwards a yard and stalls the engine. The car at position three give his horn a blast.

The policeman in the passenger seat grabs the PA and "Gentlemen, gentlemen! Have a bit of patience please!" booms over the Market Place.

The learner driver stalls the engine again. "Take your time love! Take your time and it will be okay!" booms over the Market Place. The lights turn to "Amber" and then "Red" and the learner driver still hasn't got away.

Everyone sits there patiently until the lights eventually turns to "Green" again. At this point the learner driver lurches forward about four yards and then stalls right in the middle of the junction. "Oh sensored1 hell! What's the silly bitch up to now!" booms over the Market Place!

As I said, the PA was deadly and could kill a career as quick as anything! tap_fingers

Happy days!

drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum