The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Information on the Auto-sleeper Owners Club

+9
roli
Wozzon
JDS
Dutto
peugeotboxer
kernowmike
Paulmold
whisky
Peter Brown
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Information on the Auto-sleeper Owners Club - Page 2 Empty Re: Information on the Auto-sleeper Owners Club

Post by Peter Brown Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:45 pm

We go over 1st June and back mid July. The only plans made before we get there are the 10 day rally that we are helping to run. For the rest it could be south of France or East Germany and it will probably be neither.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Information on the Auto-sleeper Owners Club - Page 2 Empty Re: Information on the Auto-sleeper Owners Club

Post by roli Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:57 am

We have been members for longer than Peter or Chris and can remember their welcome with red wine well in their awning and the bad head the following morning.  

He was a relatively new member when he joined the committee but was able to input his thoughts and those of members to the rest of the committee from day one ( I must add he does have a good woman behind him - no Chris hasnt paid for me to say that )

Regarding booking in advance for rallies, this has always been a sore point with us as the MCC & C&CC seem to manage with unbooked meets ok. 

I do understand however that ASOC is a national club and has "distance travellers" and it would not be fair for someone to come upto the North from the South Coast to find there was no space and having run and assisted to run ASOC rallies so we accept the rules

This last couple of years its been difficult due to health to book anything in in advance and this year we havn't managed any rallies at all with ASOC but that was down to us not the club.

Some people would say if you dont get any benefit and cant go to rallies why stay in, well thats because we find ASOC is a club and the number of people who have kept in touch including a few ASOC members on here despite not seeing us for a good while far exceeds those from the C&CC club or the MCC its called  friendship.

Pre internet days I guess the newsletter was a main source of info but nowadays most is history and I still dont understand when this site was started and the hand of friendship was offered by Ed for ASOC they didnt accept it (there was no competition on)

We renewed our subs early and have a booking for next year which with luck should be able to keep
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:23 pm

Well Ricky (from another Ricky) at least on an ASOC rally one is surrounded by like minded Auto-Sleeper owners, many of whom are mines of very useful information and in the large majority of cases there are NO children in the gathering which in its self is major attraction for us.
A rally is what the participants make of it, the Marshals are there to, if requested, advise on the attractions of the surrounding area and if they have organised any, non compulsory, outings, meals or other social events then that is part & parcel of an ASOC rally.
I think that the yearly ASOC membership fee is well and truly recouped in attending the AGM Rally early May, and one can embrace any or all of the attractions with no one thinking any the less of you should you be a little reserved.
Ann & I have attended the big (500+ units) Club and Company Rallies that were held on the Three Counties Show Ground in Malvern 20 + years ago, to the rallies up here in Stranraer that we have run for the past 3 year, and attended quite a few in-between, we have some experience of an ASOC get together (though our participation in all things ASOC pall in comparison to some! though in our defence our distance from the centre of things, for the last 10 years, has been great hindrance) 
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by peter123 Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:11 pm

Paul Mold 

hi its Peter here I brought a couple months ago Mercedes Montana 113 2.0L automatic 1999 just come back had a Beautyful Weekend in Liskeard Cornwall next to the Lakes is this good I spent £120 = 646 miles return back to margate Kent was that good or bad Thank you
peter123
peter123

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Mercedes Montana
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2