The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo at Saltburn..

3 posters

Go down

Nuevo at Saltburn.. Empty Nuevo at Saltburn..

Post by Minniesmum Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:17 am

A nice Nuevo- about 8 year old- parked near me at Saltburn overlooking the pier/beach, yesterday aft. First time I've seen one up close up!
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Symphony

Back to top Go down

Nuevo at Saltburn.. Empty Re: Nuevo at Saltburn..

Post by DuxDeluxe Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:30 pm

One of my ex work colleagues has that victorian house halfway up the steep hill "Teddies nook" - fabulous views. Nice little car park that - right on the pier. I like Saltburn
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:09 pm

DuxDeluxe wrote:One of my ex work colleagues has that victorian house halfway up the steep hill "Teddies nook" - fabulous views. Nice little car park that - right on the pier. I like Saltburn
what a house that is !! I often stay overnight in my van at Saltburn. Great views from the top road. The council are about to ruin the place by installing parking meters. Very controversial subject atm. Only a 20 minute drive to get there for me. Wonderful place.
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:11 pm

It was two flats and he knocked it back into a single house, put in a beautiful oak staircase and restored the Victorian cast iron conservatory. It is simply wonderful inside...... Shame they are putting meters in to the place, though. I often visit Saltburn when on my regular visits to Wilton where one of my largest clients is in the Wilton centre. Next one is next Thursday!
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:18 pm

DuxDeluxe wrote:It was two flats and he knocked it back into a single house, put in a beautiful oak staircase and restored the Victorian cast iron conservatory. It is simply wonderful inside...... Shame they are putting meters in to the place, though. I often visit Saltburn when on my regular visits to Wilton where one of my largest clients is in the Wilton centre. Next one is next Thursday!
the house looks amazing outside !! Noisy spot but great views. I worked at Wilton Centre for many years for ICI in the research labs. 35 years service for the company between Wilton and mostly Billingham. Nought left of ICI now sadly. I drive past it on my way to the coast up! you get around winks smile!
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Minniesmum wrote:. Nought left of ICI now sadly. I drive past it on my way to the coast up! you get around winks smile!

Yes, currently in Hong Kong Airport having spent the day in Taiwan - back end of an Asia trip; been away since 3rd Jan all over the place and will be delighted to see a knife and fork again. home tomorrow.

Used to be good when ICI were in business. Most of the centre is empty and rented out to companies - depressing walking past empty offices on the way to my meetings. One of my other stamping grounds is Billingham where we have an office and laboratory. I use the lab for some investigative testing. Small world, isn't it?
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:33 pm

DuxDeluxe wrote:
Minniesmum wrote:. Nought left of ICI now sadly. I drive past it on my way to the coast up! you get around winks smile!

Yes, currently in Hong Kong Airport having spent the day in Taiwan - back end of an Asia trip; been away since 3rd Jan all over the place and will be delighted to see a knife and fork again. home tomorrow.

Used to be good when ICI were in business. Most of the centre is empty and rented out to companies. One of my other stamping grounds is Billingham where we have an office and laboratory. I use the lab for some investigative testing. Small world, isn't it?
yes small world. I ran a semi-tech pilot plant at Billingham ( Chilton ) for the past 16 years up til last May when 12 of us were made redundant. Loved the work. But not the management. I miss the technical challenges and the company of my work pals.
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi guys, re-'small world' sure is, in 1963 I delivered a truckload of control-panels for some sort of 'ops-room' to ICI Billingham, the place was so big, the

security guy on the gate had to give us a map to find our way! From what I remember it looked like an oil refinery hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:59 pm

modelman wrote:

Hi guys, re-'small world' sure is, in 1963 I delivered a truckload of control-panels for some sort of 'ops-room' to ICI Billingham, the place was so big, the

security guy on the gate had to give us a map to find our way! From what I remember it looked like an oil refinery hugegrins
Cool up! I started at Billingham in 1978. Agricultural Division. The birthplace of the company.
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:05 pm

Our Billingham office is next door to the Walkers distribution place. Quite a few oil terminals on the North side, plus we have a small operation in Wilton as well. When visiting Wilton, I always stay in York nowadays.... Have stayed in the Dun Cow in Sedgefield on occasions as well but it is a bit noisy. Nice breakfasts though.

Might visit Saltburn on Thursday if I've got time
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:57 pm

DuxDeluxe wrote:Our Billingham office is next door to the Walkers distribution place. Quite a few oil terminals on the North side, plus we have a small operation in Wilton as well. When visiting Wilton, I always stay in York nowadays.... Have stayed in the Dun Cow in Sedgefield on occasions as well but it is a bit noisy. Nice breakfasts though.

Might visit Saltburn on Thursday if I've got time
not sure where in Billingham that is- will check. Have sent you a pm.
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:34 pm

I'm not sure where it is either - I know how to get there and that is about it. Although UK based, I work for our head office in Switzerland so don't have much to do with the UK people apart from sending some stuff for GCMS analysis looking for crud in duff bunker fuel.

Cheers

Might give Iain a call and see if he is in - that place of his in Saltburn left me open mouthed last time we met up there. And the views over the pier are to die for, but perhaps not in a northeast gale.... biggrin
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:55 pm

DuxDeluxe wrote:I'm not sure where it is either - I know how to get there and that is about it. Although UK based, I work for our head office in Switzerland so don't have much to do with the UK people apart from sending some stuff for GCMS analysis looking for crud in duff bunker fuel.

Cheers

Might give Iain a call and see if he is in - that place of his in Saltburn left me open mouthed last time we met up there. And the views over the pier are to die for, but perhaps not in a northeast gale.... biggrin
I hope your friend has double glazing. Amazing house from the outside. I think the constant traffic up and down the bank almost touching the house exterior would drive me nuts.....but probably worth it for the views. Funny I'll be walking past his house tonight as going to the Spa for a Blues club gig winks
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Back to top Go down