The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There's a "national flu jab shortage"! (NOT!)

+11
roli
burlingtonboaby
Nuevo
eggnog
Admin
andygump
clarkee
gj1023
CC
Groper
Dutto
15 posters

Go down

There's a "national flu jab shortage"! (NOT!) Empty There's a "national flu jab shortage"! (NOT!)

Post by Dutto Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi there,

My NHS doctor has just told me that there is a "national flu jab shortage"; BUT ONLY FOR NHS SURGERIES!

He explained this to me when I got told it was "not possible" to book a flu jab appointment this week and then explained that we were going away on holiday.

"You can get them at Morrisons or Boots." he said. "It's just that they haven't delivered any to us because the manufacturers have sold the first batches to commercial outlets."

I already knew that the country is being run by a bunch of incompetent and uncaring clowns but while I still have a memory can someone please remind me that I am correct in thinking that this is the same bunch of incompetent and uncaring clowns that promised "The NHS is safe in our hands."? shrugg shrugg

If so, please reassure me that they didn't have "... as long as you can pay to go private" tagged on the end? tap_fingers tap_fingers

What a shower this bunch of "posh boys" are! bouncing Run a country? They couldn't run for a sensored1 bus!

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

There's a "national flu jab shortage"! (NOT!) Empty Re: There's a "national flu jab shortage"! (NOT!)

Post by Groper Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:22 pm

You will have to emigrate to Wales hugegrins
Appointments being made routinely - in fact I am expecting a telephone call anytime to remind me I have not booked yet!!

Groper
Groper
Groper

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

There's a "national flu jab shortage"! (NOT!) Empty Re: There's a "national flu jab shortage"! (NOT!)

Post by CC Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:33 pm

boo I had my yearly flu jab last Wednesday at my NHS health centre...

who say's Norfolk is behind the times up!

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Groper wrote:You will have to emigrate to Wales hugegrins
Appointments being made routinely - in fact I am expecting a telephone call anytime to remind me I have not booked yet!!

Groper

You will get it WHEN they get the vaccines I guess. wave wave

Here's hoping it's sometime before next June! allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gj1023 Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:01 pm

ours is 8.30-1030 on Saturday , just turn up

Gary
gj1023
gj1023

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:13 pm

CruizingComet wrote: boo I had my yearly flu jab last Wednesday at my NHS health centre...

who say's Norfolk is behind the times up!

boo

Two things.

1. I didn't claim that there wasn't ANY vaccines available; just that there was a "shortage" within the NHS! wave

2. I didn't claim that there was a "shortage" within the NHS; all I did was pass on what my NHS Doctor had told me! wave

Oh, and we all know that Norfolk and Wales are both "special case" situations. Apparently, because these two societies have remarkably similar cultures, the British National Sheep Protection Society like to get all those of a suitable age "inoculated" before the clocks go back! lol4 lol4

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by andygump Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:09 pm

clarkee wrote:Can`t believe that this is the correct forum to express political views,particularly in the manner of the perpretater of the entries ,
Disgusted

Hi disgusted agree3 agree3

Andy big thumbs up
andygump

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:20 pm

andygump wrote:
clarkee wrote:Can`t believe that this is the correct forum to express political views,particularly in the manner of the perpretater of the entries ,
Disgusted

Hi disgusted agree3 agree3

Andy big thumbs up

Andy - Take this as a warning

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi there,

Unfortunately, I am not sure whether the person who was banned meant me as the "instigator" of this thread or the people who added other entries. If it was me then I feel that I have to respond as follows:

o This is the ONLY Forum on which I bother posting anything.

o In my 70th year I am almost certainly past "middle-age" (how many 140 year olds do you know?) so I must be "Old".

o And as a "grump" (just ask my wife for confirmation) I feel fully qualified to instigate Posts in this Grumpy Old Men Section.

So the question is "What makes me grumpy?" Well, I don't know about the rest of humanity but most of my problems revolve around the governance of this country.

My arthritis, failing memory, piles, dodgy knees etc all combine to make me hypercritical of any failures within the NHS, especially those caused by inadequate funding.

I keep a very close eye on my savings interest, tax levels, state pension, state of the GB Pound, cost of road tax etc which are all affected by the idiots in Whitehall no matter which party they belong to.

The cost of gas, electricity, water, telephone calls, railways etc are all rocketing due to the privatisation programme of yesteryear (just remember every time you hear that this or that privatised company has made billions of £'s profit this used to go to reduce our taxes!) and the cost of fuel is high due to the uncontrolled nature of the oil and gas companies plus the added burden of taxation.

The list goes on and on and on and these things are what makes THIS old man extremely grumpy so I would like everyone who objects to criticism of the government (or anything else for that matter) to consider the following saying, which is as true today as it has ever been

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

It has been attributed to Edmund Burke (probably in error) , an Irish philosopher who died in 1797. I like to think that somehow, in some small way, every time we little people complain bitterly about what is being done to us we make a tiny difference; and if they listen we may not need a revolution in this country!

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

PS Regarding another Thread where I have explained the background of how someone can be banned from driving his car after being found "Drunk in Charge" of an electric scooter Edmund Burke also said:

"The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion."

The next time you read a "scare story" in the Daily Mail (or other tabloid rag) and they start demanding a law that reduces ANY liberties PLEASE think of this saying and fight against the change!
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by eggnog Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:53 pm

Ooh, er, missus this is getting a bit warm fight

Dunno about flu jabs, though my GP (who beat me into The Bell at early doors this very evening) reckoned that the place was awash with the 'bloody stuff'. He also said something about 'last year' 'horses' and 'stable doors' but I was too polite to enquire further. moi

Much more importantly - that 'ASOF Banned' avatar is the Mutts. Very stylish. Can I have one without actually being banned? There's a "national flu jab shortage"! (NOT!) Free-innocent-smileys-1012
eggnog
eggnog

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuevo Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:34 pm

watchout eggnog or you might just get one of those avatars lol4

Dave beer-drinking-smiley

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi there,

Just an update. My good lady is the most equable and easy going person I know (she puts up with me for goodness sake!) but today Helen hung up on the Doctor's Receptionist!! tap_fingers

Helen: "I'd like to book an appointment for a flu jab please."

Receptionist: "I'm sorry, but we haven't got any vaccines. The last batch had to be sent back because it wasn't right. We will start appointments in November."

Helen: "NOVEMBER? We leave for Spain at the end of this month."

Receptionist: "Try Morissons. They cost about £7 I think."

This was when Helen hung up the phone in frustration, anger and the shock of spending the equivalent of two bottle of gin (Spanish prices obviously) on something that we have already paid for in taxes and National Insurance! look here

So, Morrisons it is then!! allthumbz allthumbz

I suppose we shouldn't worry about £7 as we will easily recoup that amount when Mr Cameron forces our gas and electricity supplier to make sure that we get the cheapest rate available. Whistle1 Whistle1 Whistle1

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

There's a "national flu jab shortage"! (NOT!) Empty Re-Theres a national flu jab shortage ! not

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Not in Brid, get mine saturday a.m up! enjoy your wee dram Mrs Dutto
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:17 pm

As posted previously no problem with getting the flu jab, but not so lucky with the pneumonia vaccine... got to wait until mid November due to our local health centre being fully booked up and being the next available session shrugg

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Groper Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:29 pm

No problem with getting the flu jab.
The boss had to go for her blood pressure check and found herself behind several patients waiting for their jab.
I had the one off pneumonia jab last year,was in for my six monthly blood pressure check and the practice nurse offered the jab there and then(possibly the vaccine was approaching its expiry date!!).
No shortage of flu vaccine in Leeds either, my sister had the jab last week.
If you buy the vaccine from Morrison's does the G.P. charge you for giving you the jab?
The chat about stable door etc means that the vaccine you are given was prepared using LAST years virus and all viruses mutate quite rapidly so not exactly the same as last year.
Off topic I know but there was a brilliant programme on viruses on the "box" at the weekend.
Groper
Groper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:25 pm

Think it must be a regional thing Ian, we had ours last week and they are still pushing for patients to come forward to have them.
My only grump was I have to go back tommorrow for blood tests as the nurse doing the jabs only gets 2m/patient for jabs so didnt have time to do my heart mot blood tests.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Southdowner Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:29 pm

What is all this about jabs. never had a flu jab and can't remember the last time I had the flu.
Must be the clean air on the 'sunshine coast' and healthy living or lots of vodka hugegrins

Strange lot those from north of Watford peace

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : 2011 Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi there,

Although preferring the suggested "Vodka Option", my good lady got her jab at Boots today at a cost of £12.99; and the Hawthorne Practice are now telling everyone to "Try again in November." allthumbz

No kidding!! tap_fingers tap_fingers

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Groper Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:41 pm

Dutto

Definitely "special case" in Wales local chemists are giving the flu jab FREE. hugegrins hugegrins
Groper
Groper

Male

Back to top Go down

There's a "national flu jab shortage"! (NOT!) Empty Sundowner

Post by shelldrake Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:38 pm

Like you Sundowner I have never had any off these jabs as never had a days illness in my life (Lucky me)
Its the fresh unpolluted air in the Westcountry allthumbz
shelldrake
shelldrake

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma

Back to top Go down

There's a "national flu jab shortage"! (NOT!) Empty oooppppsss

Post by shelldrake Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Sorry there SOUTHDOWNER senior moment
shelldrake
shelldrake

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:10 am

shelldrake wrote: never had a days illness in my life (Lucky me)
Its the fresh unpolluted air in the Westcountry allthumbz

It's tempting providence hugegrins
Going for ours today so_sad

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:50 am

Hi there,

Did anyone else see all the handwringing and apologies this morning on BBC News and BBC Breakfast? wave wave

Apparently the new flu bacteria refused to grow fast enough so there hasn't been enough serum to go round! (There was no mention of selling it all to Boots or Morrisons however!) Whistle1

Now (NOW mind you!) the government (for lack of a better word) are worried about the percentage of "at risk" people NOT bothering to get the jab and they are starting a "campaign"! tap_fingers tap_fingers

Is there anything that this bunch of clowns have managed to get right? confused3 confused3 (Answers on a postcard to "Jim'll Fix It" ......) think_smiley_46

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Had my 'flu jab this morning from the practice nurse after much persuasion (coercion) from the practice manager who rail roaded me into having it when I was at the surgery for a bloodtest, I'm just putty in her hands hugegrins .

Cheers John up! .
Johno
Johno
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Eton
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down