The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first few days with my " Symphony "....

3 posters

Go down

My first few days with my " Symphony ".... Empty My first few days with my " Symphony "....

Post by Minniesmum Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:24 pm

Well I've got it and haven't slept at home yet......2 nights wilding it and 2 nights at my local Caravan Club site to try everything out.....
- no major problems at all up!

Niggles- the roof vent above the cooker makes a heck of a racket in rain/wind....
- the fuse on the leisure battery had blown when I disconnected the 240 volt campsite supply this morning, however not sure when it had blown - whether it was when I connected up on Saturday aft or not-so need to investigate. Luckily I had some spare fuses- put a 25 A one in and all ok.
- a small leak on a jubilee clip/hose connection coming out of what I think is the waste water tank...or could be the fresh. Not worked out yet which is which.....I think the hose nearest the edge of the van ( driver's side ) is the fresh tank...( advice appreciated ! )

Other than these minor things, quite happy so far. Need to get the van checked over by my garage before I do any long drives. Has a full year MOT but that doesn't cover everything. Trying different combo's of bed-arrangements- may try sleeping across the van tonite. The Thetford loo I found daunting on site so ended up taking it home this morning and emptying/sterilising it in my bathroom ( using environmentally friendly fluid allthumbz ). Also read the instructions which helps....

All things considered so far a very happy Camper ! hugegrins

Cath
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Symphony

Back to top Go down

My first few days with my " Symphony ".... Empty Waste Hose outlet

Post by oldbikerider Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Same basic layout as Harmony so waste water drain pipe should be the one just behind drivers door adjacent to exhaust. You have to get down on hands and knees under side door to reach fresh water drain tap which is normally red.

You will have to get round to conquering your Toilet cassette emptying problems.
We have Harmony and find that using toilet only during night, or in monsoon weather when camp site loos are to far away, Cassette should at the least be emptied every three days.

Roof vent, if you have a warranty take the van back immediately and get it fixed. We had same problem on our 1st Harmony, brand new, and the roof vent tore off on first week away when doing 60 on motorway. Had to climb on top in rain storm and use plastic sheet and bodge tap before we filled up insode with wtaer.

Last edited by oldbikerider on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Additinal reply)
oldbikerider
oldbikerider

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Harmony

Back to top Go down

My first few days with my " Symphony ".... Empty Re: My first few days with my " Symphony "....

Post by Minniesmum Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:57 pm

oldbikerider wrote:Same basic layout as Harmony so waste water drain pipe should be the one just behind drivers door adjacent to exhaust. You have to get down on hands and knees under side door to reach fresh water drain tap which is normally red.

Thanks up! I was hoping that was the case as makes it easier to drain the waste tank. Cath
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Symphony

Back to top Go down

My first few days with my " Symphony ".... Empty Re: My first few days with my " Symphony "....

Post by Paulmold Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:59 pm

Glad things are going OK so far apart from the niggles you mentioned. The waste tank hose is clipped to the underside of the driver's side sill. The drain for the fresh tank is just a tap (usually a barrel tap) on the side of the tank, only visible by getting on your hands and knees and looking under the drivers side sill. The tank is sort of midway under.
As regards emptying the loo, might be worth you looking at this video from Thetford (although yours wont have wheels) on Youtube ..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down