The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheap environmental groundsheet at Lidl

3 posters

Go down

Cheap environmental groundsheet at Lidl Empty Cheap environmental groundsheet at Lidl

Post by stevomar Sat May 07, 2011 3:16 pm

Hi
My wife popped into Lidl yesterday and spotted some of those breathable ground sheets 2 metres by 3 metres for only 14.99 so bought one. The details are on their website along with more camping gear - Can't put a link up as I'm using my smartphone ATM

Stevo

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : VW Trident

Back to top Go down

Cheap environmental groundsheet at Lidl Empty Re: Cheap environmental groundsheet at Lidl

Post by tankie747 Sat May 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi Stevo wave

Thank's for the tip. Will pop into Lidl and have a look at the groundsheet.

Have you planned a trip yet? We are hopeing to get out next weekend for a day or 2? Not sure where to go yet.

Tankie747
tankie747
tankie747

Male

Back to top Go down

Cheap environmental groundsheet at Lidl Empty Re: Cheap environmental groundsheet at Lidl

Post by stevomar Sat May 07, 2011 3:52 pm

Hi Dave (tankie)
My wife got ours from the Lidl in Brigg. Should be some in the Scunny store.
We're planning to head up to the Dales and Northumberland at the end of the month. Went to Seahouses when I was 12 (a long time ago !) and have always wanted to go back.
Cheers
Stevo

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tankie747 Sat May 07, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi Steve wave

Northumberland and Dales are great. We've been to Keld, near Muker, 2 weeks ago and stayed at the Camping and Bunkhouse site. It is remote but very scenic and a stream runs near the site.We walked to the Tan Inn from there for a couple of pints. The weather was glorious. Been to Seahouses a few years ago when we stayed for a few days after the GNR to explore the area. It is nice up there too.
smile!
Dave

tankie747
tankie747

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plattypus Sat May 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Need an extra groundsheet. Sounds a bargain. Just come backe 4 days in the Dales Aysgarth , (no water in the falls) but still lovely, the falls at West Burton, I think are prettier. Stayed at a certificated site at Cote Bridge. very very basic. and not as described in cc big sites book, sloping - described as level, Water on site, but was only piped untreated spring water 300 yards down road. would not recommend, Wild camping wouldn't cost £7 per night!!!!!
plattypus
plattypus
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 2006 Symbol ES

Back to top Go down

Post by stevomar Sun May 08, 2011 11:47 am

Hi
I've found the link HERE for the groundsheet - They just call it an All Purpose Mat - And ours is in dark blue

Stevo

Last edited by stevomar on Sun May 08, 2011 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Aditional info)

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plattypus Sun May 08, 2011 4:25 pm

Went into Lidl at Barrow-In-Furness today. All sold out shrugg Just shows how popular they were. never mind. try on -line maybe. plattypus
plattypus
plattypus
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 2006 Symbol ES

Back to top Go down