The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

generators

4 posters

Go down

generators Empty generators

Post by vwt4 Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi all
just had a couple of days at Lincoln,is it just me or do other members get fed up with generators running all hours god sends, came back to van last night from a show and they were three of the censored! things running at 10.30pm, needless to say they were all connected to large M/Homes
mike
Vwt4
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

generators Empty Re: generators

Post by Paulmold Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:38 pm

We've just got back from there and we were complaining about gennys all weekend. The MH next to us had his running within an hour of arriving! OK, if you need it for a dialysis machine or other medical equipment but what else needs a geeny straight away. One MH close to us ran his for no more than 5 minutes several times a day. What was he doing, boiling his kettle that he brought from home? If so, whats wrong with a gas kettle? Why is it the larger MH's, do they carry more equipment?
One theory we came up with is that all magazines and forums (not this one) are full of articles on solar panels and gennys that any new MHomer thinks they are a must have and have never even tried to survive for 3 days on just a battery.
Rant over
Paul
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by vwt4 Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:18 pm

paul
one of them near me had two of the things running, his own and someone's parked next to him could have had his sun bed on I suppose!!
mike
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi there,

As a general rule I am tolerant of all disturbances until 11pm and if it's a fiesta then 1am is OK. allthumbz

After that I go knocking on doors asking favours and mercifully most of the people are very apologetic. up!

I may be wrong but I understand that to run all night a generator needs a spoonful of sugar dropped into the petrol tank. lol4 lol4

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffles Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:37 pm

Dutto wrote:Hi there,

As a general rule I am tolerant of all disturbances until 11pm and if it's a fiesta then 1am is OK. allthumbz

After that I go knocking on doors asking favours and mercifully most of the people are very apologetic. up!

I may be wrong but I understand that to run all night a generator needs a spoonful of sugar dropped into the petrol tank. lol4 lol4

Best regards,
drinksallround

It may be better to use the old square sugar lumps. At least it will give you time to get back into your van before the coughing & splutering starts!

fluffles

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot executive

Back to top Go down