The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Webasto problems

3 posters

Go down

Webasto problems Empty Webasto problems

Post by Peterqs Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi efveryone - sorry, but we are new owners of a Cotswold, our first attempt at anything caravanny or even camping, so the terms and manuals are leaving me a bit confused. Can anyone help with the Webasto heater control saying the system is locked and see code 00? It's only about 3 weeks old and has worked fine on our first two overnight try out trips. Nothing in the manual to say what 00 means and the AS description says disconnect the power supply by removing the 15A fuse. I've tried all the fuses without the panel switching off and I can't see where the battery power can be isolated? Does trhis with mains and battery power. Thanks in anticipation! Peter
Peterqs
Peterqs

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Burford
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Webasto problems Empty Re: Webasto problems

Post by Dutto Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi there,

Not familiar with the model (got a Duetto) but have you tried looking at the terminal of the Leisure Battery itself?

On mine there is a fuse right there on the main outlet cable.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Peterqs Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Thanks for the reply, but I had tried that as well - as far as I can tell I pulled out every fuse apart from the vehicle battery. Strangely enough, I've just tried to set it again and it's not locked but not working on diesel (haven't hooked it up to electric since to check). It's due in at Marquis on monday so they can look at that along with all the other items. Shame they, Autosleepers and Webasto all didn't have the courtesey to ring back with my queries. Not a good start - I told the wife a secondhand ferrari was a better option.
Peterqs
Peterqs

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peterqs Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:55 am

This seems to be resolved after following the instructions received this morning from AS - 'to unlock the Webasto heater you will need to remove the heater fuses. These fuses are located together next to the leisure battery, there are 3 fuses a 15amp 10amp and a 5amp,turn the heater on and remove the heater in that order, check that they are whole, wait for at least 30 seconds, turn the heater off and then refit them in that order into the same fuse holders that they were in originally. Then the heater should operate, if it continues to be inoperative contact the Webasto Helpline 01302 322232 . Hope this is of use, kind regards Mark Burdett'. A bit different from the AS instruction book, but it seems to have worked. We can set off now for our shortened, long weekend!
Peterqs
Peterqs

Male

Back to top Go down

Webasto problems Empty webasto dualtop problem

Post by Barbara K Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:07 pm

Not visited for a while but thought would look to see if any others have webasto heating problems. Our Cotswold was bought last Feb2012 ( pre owned for prev 9 months) and after first outing tried to drain boiler using screen info. The computer 'froze' and we had to reset from scratch after removing fuse which a phone call to the dealer revealed in the locker of leisure battery. Notifying the problem to Brownhills they sent van to webasto dealer to see if problem could be sorted but it was thought that it was a software problem. Brownhills (who have now given up NE dealership to Marquis) got nowhere with the dealer and eventually told us to take to another autoelectrics. We have been away again and tried to drain boiler again ( as its getting quite cold at nights) but screen has frozen again and we don't even know if the boiler is draining when the screen says so. The screen won't turn off so only the fuse removal will work. The van is going in next week to have another diagnostic check. Luckily there is no problems with heat or water heat in the van and the lack of posts about webasto gives me some confidence that this is an isolated case. :
Barbara K

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold

Back to top Go down

Webasto problems Empty Webasto and 'other' problems

Post by Peterqs Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:16 pm

I had seen other comments about the heater pipes coming off the webasto unit and thought ours was probably too recent to still have these problems. Last but one outing one of the pipes came loose and was dragging along the floor. Last time out, we were getting no heat out of the vents to the rear of the door so checked again and the pipe feeding the rear had also come off. I've tried replacing the and re-fixing the band ties but the pipe seems to be so badly cut and a bit too short I am going to replace them myself. Sorry to Auto Sleeper devotees, but a lot of the workmanship seems really poor. This is our first motorhome and we thought a new one at this price would be faultless, but I've had to adjust all the cupboard doors, fit screws where there weren't any fitted, cancel a trip because of the webasto etc and it's not good enough. Hopefully the enjoyment will overcome the annoyance, but not just yet!
Peterqs
Peterqs

Male

Back to top Go down

Webasto problems Empty Webasto problem, frozen screen

Post by Barbara K Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:46 pm

Just an update to my previous post re frozen screen on webasto heating unit. We have had it looked at by another Autoelectric engineer and there was a software problem that prevented the boiler draining. It has been replaced under the warranty. content
I would suggest not leaving it to chance when the temp around the drainage valve drops below 6 deg C for it to drain automatically and hope it drains. Try the 'manual drainage' programme on the webasto screen. It is possible that this only applies to Webasto dualtop 2010/11 models.
here's hoping for a mild winter anyway.
Barbara K

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold

Back to top Go down