The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick XL owners

5 posters

Go down

Warwick XL owners Empty Warwick XL owners

Post by AJ222 Mon May 13, 2024 7:54 am

Hi,

We are Alison and Mike, and we picked up our 2020 Warwick XL on Friday. We had a caravan for over 20 years, and then a micro coachbuilt van for 3 years. Our new van is like having a Mercedes after a Ford Fiesta!

We went away for the weekend and are very pleased with it so far. We struggled with the hardness of the bed the first night, even sleeping on top of a duvet, but the second night was better. Hopefully we’ll get used to it, or will get a mattress topper. 

We’re still trying to work out the best way to use the storage, but it’s early days yet. I’ve drawn up a big list of accessories that I want to buy!

We’re planning to go to France in June, and we have also booked a few days at Uttoxeter racecourse - I love horse racing.

It will be nice to be part of an owners’ community, and we look forward to meeting fellow owners in the coming years!
AJ222
AJ222

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL owners Empty Re: Warwick XL owners

Post by Rocky Mon May 13, 2024 8:03 am

Welcome to the forum Alison and Mike.  I think there are many stories like yours, and we tugged for a while, albeit a long time ago now.

You will get used to the beds.  We started with sleeping bags on two singles, but then decided to make up the double and use Duvalays, which provide a topper-like experience.  Making up the double gives you so much room.  Anyway, each to their own.

Storage?  You just take less.  Work out what is important, and what is not.

Enjoy!
Rocky
Rocky

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL MQ
Vehicle Year : 2023

AJ222 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty-Plym Mon May 13, 2024 1:58 pm

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will enjoy using what I consider to be the best designed lay out in a van. We use Duvalay single mattress freshtec toppers, though they have shot up in price.  When not in use during the day we just temporary stow them under the seat mattress.   The first mod for me was to change the awful 3 way fridge for a compressor fridge as the 3 way can be quite contrary when parked on a slight slope.  Enjoy your van.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL MQ

AJ222 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ222 Mon May 13, 2024 2:20 pm

Monty-Plym wrote:Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will enjoy using what I consider to be the best designed lay out in a van. We use Duvalay single mattress freshtec toppers, though they have shot up in price.  When not in use during the day we just temporary stow them under the seat mattress.   The first mod for me was to change the awful 3 way fridge for a compressor fridge as the 3 way can be quite contrary when parked on a slight slope.  Enjoy your van.

Thanks. Yes, we’ve looked long and hard at different layouts, and think this is the best for us. I’ve looked at the Duvalay toppers but the double isn’t large enough, and even two singles together won’t cover the whole bed. Hopefully we’ll find something that suits us.

It’s interesting that you have changed the fridge. We did have problems with our previous van when trying to use the fridge on gas, and I was aware of the need to be level,  but was hoping it would be less of an issue with this new van. But the thought of changing something as major as a fridge fills me with horror! 🤣. We mostly stay on sites though, with EHU.

Thanks again.
AJ222
AJ222

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Gee Mon May 13, 2024 3:43 pm

Hi folks, welcome to the forum.  We tried a mattress topper but, as you say, they aren't big enough.  After a couple of nights we were used to the bed and now just put an extra large fleece over the cushions for a bit of protection.
Dave Gee
Dave Gee

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

AJ222 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon May 13, 2024 6:12 pm

Hi 
Welcome to the forum from Bridlington .
Boaby