The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water ingress

4 posters

Go down

Water ingress Empty Water ingress

Post by westjj42 Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:07 am

Hi All
My 2016 Broadway central skylight is leaking. I’ve owned it for 3 months and all seemed fine with no obvious leaks. Last night we had a lot of heavy rain and I entered the van and all was dry. I then moved the van off the driveway to turn it round and when I then re entered the living space the sofa had a huge wet stain on it and drips were coming from the front end of the central skylight cassette. I’m guessing that moving the van had disturbed water that had settled on the roof and it slopped forward. The plastic and gasket seems fine and unbroken and will be calling up Wellsbridge tomorrow to take in for them to check it out. Has anyone else had such an issue??
westjj42
westjj42

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Water ingress Empty Re: Water ingress

Post by Peter Brown Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:56 am

Your profile says you have a Kemerton but your are asking about a Broadway?

I've had a 2016 Broadway for 18 months now and its seen plenty heavy rain. Just a couple of times I've had the same experience as you when moving the van immediately after (or during) very heavy rain but cant find where its coming from. Fortunately it usually ends on the floor and we don't have carpets.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Water ingress Empty Re water ingress

Post by T2 Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:23 pm

Hi,

See my post of 9 March. We have had a similar problem on our Broadway 2016 & the conclusion is that it is rain being blown up and in between the two “parts” of the roof of the hatch (it is double skinned). When you drive off the water eventually finds its way into the cab. It’s only happened a few times in the seven years of ownership & we always look out for it when moving the motorhome after a period of not using it.
T2
T2

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Water ingress Empty Re: Water ingress

Post by Molly3 Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:39 am

T2 wrote:Hi,

See my post of 9 March. We have had a similar problem on our Broadway 2016 & the conclusion is that it is rain being blown up and in between the two “parts” of the roof of the hatch (it is double skinned). When you drive off the water eventually finds its way into the cab. It’s only happened a few times in the seven years of ownership & we always look out for it when moving the motorhome after a period of not using it.
I would consider fitting a new rubber seal a simple and Inexpensive job
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down