The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corinium FB- Spongy floor in front of oven

4 posters

Go down

Corinium FB- Spongy floor in front of oven  Empty Corinium FB- Spongy floor in front of oven

Post by Emma3898 Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:08 pm

Hello All, I’ve just put a deposit down on a 2021 Corinium FB…. When I viewed it, it had a bit of play in the floor in front of the oven and bedroom door. The salesman said it’s delamination and they can fix it asap. I’ve just had a call from the sales manager saying it’s not delamination and it’s a known issue where a channel runs from the oven area across to the fridge.  scratch head  I’ve read other forums and see this seems to be a known thing…. But I can’t find anywhere that says whether it’s a massive issue or not. Any advice would be gratefully received! Thanks  smile!
Emma3898
Emma3898

Other / Decline to state

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Corinium FB- Spongy floor in front of oven  Empty Re: Corinium FB- Spongy floor in front of oven

Post by Kemerton-bath Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:04 pm

Reported on Facebook Auto-Sleeper Owners Group (exactly as spelt). Search using words such as “spongy” and “delaminating”.  Seems to be a cable duct, views and experiences vary as to whether it’s a problem. From a design and engineer perspective I don’t see why a cable duct can’t have a cover that provides support to the floor and prevents it feeling spongy.

Tim

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Emma3898 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Corinium FB- Spongy floor in front of oven  Empty Re: Corinium FB- Spongy floor in front of oven

Post by Caraman Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:09 pm

Do a Forum search for 'Spongy'.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma3898 Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:19 pm

Thanks- I’ve searched on this forum and there are a few posts which mention that it’s a cable duct but nothing on whether they’ve had issues with it. I’m just wondering that with time is the floor going to ‘give’ that much that it’ll damage not only the floor but the cables/pipes underneath  shrugg

Last edited by Emma3898 on Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistake)
Emma3898
Emma3898

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:33 pm

Mine is a 2017 model FB and nothing has manifested itself to be a problem … hope this reassures
I’m actually stepping on it now and nothing has changed since new

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Vehicle Year : 2017

Emma3898 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma3898 Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:39 pm

Suppersready wrote:Mine is a 2017 model FB and nothing has manifested itself to be a problem … hope this reassures
I’m actually stepping on it now and nothing has changed since new
Thank you- that is reassuring. I have just looked on Facebook too and it seems to be a common issue. But again, most people mention that it’s there but not mentioned whether it’s caused an actual problem.
Thank you!
Emma3898
Emma3898

Other / Decline to state

Suppersready likes this post

Back to top Go down