The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas-it Underslung Tank / Truma Combi

+3
Molly3
Tinwheeler
zeberdy
7 posters

Go down

Gas-it Underslung Tank / Truma Combi Empty Gas-it Underslung Tank / Truma Combi

Post by zeberdy Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:57 pm

Evening All,

I have just acquired a 2016 Nuevo with the Underslung Gas-it tank.

I did not check the appliances over as it had just had a full habitation check and other work by the original supplying main dealer.

By the looks of things it was more of a tick list I won't be making that mistake a gain.

As the van has not been used as a camper I am busy going around it recommissioning things and checking it over.

The dash tank LPG level gauge indicated empty so first job was off to my local LPG man a taxi was just filling up as I arrived so I know the filling station was working.

The chap connected up and could get no more than 5 ltr in tank.

I have subsequently read the dash indicator can be quite inaccurate.

I ran it for quite a while on just Gas for heating and water yesterday but now the Truma control unit is showing E212H which could be blocked Inlet or outlet unlikely as I believe it's a balanced flue and had ran for a few hours.

It could also be no gas ? I understand the tank has an 80% cut off float valve but wondered has any one had issues filling these tanks?

I have thought about temporary connecting a standard bottle supply to see if that resolved issue.

Hopefully I can get this sorted and the central locking on the habitation door that neither locks or unlocks.

I was not impressed when testing the 
smoke detector and after getting no response and found no PP9 battery in it !!

Any thoughts on the Error code appreciated gas cooker does work but as that does not use as much gas wondered if it's a regulator issue.

Many Thanks
zeberdy
zeberdy

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : T5 Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Gas-it Underslung Tank / Truma Combi Empty Re: Gas-it Underslung Tank / Truma Combi

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:16 pm

If the cooker works, you have gas so it cannot be an empty tank. 
This photo says it better than I can.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PS. Don’t forget to change your profile.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Gas-it Underslung Tank / Truma Combi Empty Re: Gas-it Underslung Tank / Truma Combi

Post by Molly3 Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:10 pm

I reckon mine is about one third left in tank when the red light comes on
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by brianc Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:32 am

Hi, The Gauge on my gas-it tank (under body) was reading about 7% when the Gas-it electronic Gauge went Red. I also have a problem that the Whale space Heater wont stay alight. it fires up, flame indicator light comes on and the goes out after a few seconds. this on off cycle can continue for up to 10 attempts before it eventually stays on and will run fine for the rest of the day. there are no error codes or lockouts requiring a reset. I suspect it could be gas pressure.
brianc
brianc

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Dorset ES
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by ScribesWtr Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:09 pm

The Gas It gauge on my Broadway has been very ‘hit & miss’ since the van was new.  I work on the basis of, ‘fill it up every time I use gas’ and that has worked fine for me for eight years.  I also gave up main dealer services after the MH was out of warranty as my experience with three different dealers has been very disappointing.  I’m sure there are a few good ones out there but I haven’t been lucky enough to find one. 😤
ScribesWtr
ScribesWtr

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:45 am

When my red light on the gauge comes on, I have continued to use gas for two weeks before refilling and then it took 18 litres, and I think the max. refill capacity is 20 litres. I am a retired gas man so I am aware that it will only fill to 80% of the volume of the metal container, so I think from absolute empty it would take 20 litres.
To find out when it really is empty, note when the red light first comes on, then continue to use the gas. Before it completely runs out of gas the hob flame will still burn but at a low level. Then you know it really is time to look around for gas.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by ScribesWtr Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:53 am

gassygassy wrote:When my red light on the gauge comes on, I have continued to use gas for two weeks before refilling and then it took 18 litres, and I think the max. refill capacity is 20 litres. I am a retired gas man so I am aware that it will only fill to 80% of the volume of the metal container, so I think from absolute empty it would take 20 litres.
To find out when it really is empty, note when the red light first comes on, then continue to use the gas. Before it completely runs out of gas the hob flame will still burn but at a low level. Then you know it really is time to look around for gas.
Waiting until nearly empty is fine if you can guarantee that there will be LPG available local to you.  I’ve found that many places near me have stopped stocking gas so I fill up when I see a garage which still stocks it.
ScribesWtr
ScribesWtr

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:53 pm

Getting to be a bit of a worry  lpg , as no facility to carry a bottle in most auto sleepers I believe on new models you can have truma deisel heater now ?.
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by nessie Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:30 am

If the LPG tank has not been fitted at the correct angle of longitudinal rotation the sensor and cut off don't work correctly - there is another detailed post on this topic somewhere else in this forum. In recent models the tank is supplied with brackets already fitted that ensures the correct angle of rotation when A/S fit the tank.
nessie
nessie

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down