The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC here is the news....

+5
IanH
Monty-Plym
mikethebike
Bobskate
groundhog
9 posters

Go down

BBC here is the news.... Empty BBC here is the news....

Post by groundhog Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:58 pm

We have a war in Gaza, the worst war in Europe since 1945 with the potential WW3 about to break out, not to mention the many other serious issues going on in the World and what is the first ten minutes of "The News" dedicated to.....
Whether a picture of Princess of Wales is real and whether she has been seen in public ..... scratch head
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Paulmold, BobK, burlingtonboaby, mikethebike, Monty-Plym and IanH like this post

Back to top Go down

BBC here is the news.... Empty Re: BBC here is the news....

Post by Bobskate Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:17 pm

Groundhog….you missed the potholes!
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

groundhog and babian like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:41 pm

groundhog wrote:We have a war in Gaza, the worst war in Europe since 1945 with the potential WW3 about to break out, not to mention the many other serious issues going on in the World and what is the first ten minutes of "The News" dedicated to.....
Whether a picture of Princess of Wales is real and whether she has been seen in public ..... scratch head
Even worse was bbc sunday with Laura.
15 mins pushing one question about a donation to the conservatives. scratch head confused3 shrugg

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty-Plym Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:23 pm

Biased Broadcasting Corporation and you have to pay for it whether you want it or not if you have equipment that is capable of receiving it, even if you choose not to watch it. it's an absolute disgrace.  Privatise it and make it go self funding.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL MQ
Vehicle Year : 2020

groundhog, mikethebike, Dave Gee and IanH like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:07 pm

Currently have my very last BBC license....
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

groundhog, RML and Monty-Plym like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:33 pm

Ok - it's an "organ of the state", so part of its job is to broadcast British propaganda, including relentless Royal coverage, but...

What do you expect to happen if it's privatised? What's to stop us just getting someone else's propaganda?

So, to fix that, you privatise it but place so many conditions on the resulting company that you cripple it. We've seen that over and over again with privatisations, with measure such as "universal service obligations" that in effect make the resulting organisation non-viable.

How would the resulting privatised company make its money? Do you want more adverts?
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty-Plym Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:36 pm

Roopert wrote:Ok - it's an "organ of the state", so part of its job is to broadcast British propaganda, including relentless Royal coverage, but...

What do you expect to happen if it's privatised? What's to stop us just getting someone else's propaganda?

So, to fix that, you privatise it but place so many conditions on the resulting company that you cripple it. We've seen that over and over again with privatisations, with measure such as "universal service obligations" that in effect make the resulting organisation non-viable.

How would the resulting privatised company make its money? Do you want more adverts?
Roopert, I think you are missing my point or perhaps I didn't state it clearly enough for you to understand. 

I don't like reading left wing biased newspapers such as the Guardian, so I don't and it costs me nothing.  

I don't like watching biased news reports on the BBC, so I don't but it costs me the licence fee because that's the law.

Just because I don't like this type of media doesn't mean that other people should be deprived of it, it is their choice, we are fortunate enough to live in a relatively free society, we are not living in a far left wing state such as Putin's Russia just yet.

So for the BBC to exist with out a compulsory Licence fee it would have to find another source of income other than indirect taxation, i.e. be "Privatised" as in "taken out of state hands".  If this means it has to have adverts to exist in a free market so be it, I don't care because I don't watch it.  Others, however will still be able to watch the biased diatribe peppered with a few woke adverts to further encourage their narrative.

Basically, I don't care if the BBC collapses into a black hole, my point is you shouldn't be forced into paying for state sponsored propaganda.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL MQ
Vehicle Year : 2020

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:45 pm

The BBC already has adverts.........
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Dave Gee and babian like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:55 pm

Monty-Plym wrote:
Roopert, I think you are missing my point or perhaps I didn't state it clearly enough for you to understand. 

I don't like reading left wing biased newspapers such as the Guardian, so I don't and it costs me nothing.  

I don't like watching biased news reports on the BBC, so I don't but it costs me the licence fee because that's the law.

Just because I don't like this type of media doesn't mean that other people should be deprived of it, it is their choice, we are fortunate enough to live in a relatively free society, we are not living in a far left wing state such as Putin's Russia just yet.

So for the BBC to exist with out a compulsory Licence fee it would have to find another source of income other than indirect taxation, i.e. be "Privatised" as in "taken out of state hands".  If this means it has to have adverts to exist in a free market so be it, I don't care because I don't watch it.  Others, however will still be able to watch the biased diatribe peppered with a few woke adverts to further encourage their narrative.

Basically, I don't care if the BBC collapses into a black hole, my point is you shouldn't be forced into paying for state sponsored propaganda.

Fair enough - I asked how it could be possible to privatise it, and you say "I don't care". That's one way of looking at it.

I don't mind watching the BBC. If I see coverage of the royal family, I skip forward through it, so I don't have to watch it anyway. I think I understand the BBC's biases well enough to watch it and not be fooled by it.

But you still have to face the problem: if you don't want to watch the BBC's state-approved propaganda, who's propaganda do you want to watch?

My point is that there aren't any simple answers to this. "Privatise it" is not a simple answer, because someone, somewhere, has to figure out how to privatise it in a viable way. Given that nobody has yet been able to do that with Channel 4 (which in many ways would be a simpler problem), I don't see any real prospect of someone being able to do it with the BBC.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:36 am

The BBC already has adverts.......
Yes advertisements for the latest UK government "Gaslighting " news.
Most of their latest breaking news is over a week old. Must take them that long to cover it because of the back room "filtering" and head of department approvals needed.
Some of the most important news ( in my opinion) has not been aired by the government's BBC for over two years !!!! Or even debated on the BBC.

What to do about it ...I have no idea.

Do you know , it is now disrespectful "not to have an opinion " ?
Not to back one side or the other ?
Or that you have not taken the time to have an opinion on a subject?
Or that you would just like to be left alone in your own little world.

babian
babian

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RML Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:19 am

I  don't watch the beeb but I thought you were going to say Climate Change 😁
Rich..
RML
RML

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:41 am

groundhog wrote:We have a war in Gaza, the worst war in Europe since 1945 with the potential WW3 about to break out, not to mention the many other serious issues going on in the World and what is the first ten minutes of "The News" dedicated to.....

I agree but it wasn't just the BBC, ITV, Ch4, Ch5 news programmes were full of it, as weee all the left wing (Gardian) and right wing (every other newspaper) press.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:36 pm

According to today DM, BBC planning to run adverts on The Archers!!!!!! hugegrins
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down