The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Locking/opening issue with electrics faulty?

3 posters

Go down

Locking/opening issue with electrics faulty? Empty Locking/opening issue with electrics faulty?

Post by Alastair0811 Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:35 am

I have what could be a simple issue but seems to have manifested itself into something more complex.

After a weekend away we discovered that the habitation door no longer opens from the inside but does from the outside. The fob locks and unlocks all the doors (including the habitation door). However when I lock the doors with the fob the central locking warning light flashes continually. It shouldn't. A technician elsewhere suggested it might be a problem with the actuator on the door. The first time we noticed the flashing light, the following day the
both batteries were flat. I have since recharged the batteries and this "seems" to have resolved that side of things. It started today after 6 weeks of none use so assume I did something else that caused the batteries to drain. I tried contacting A/S but in usual form they ignored my messages. I made contact via the A/S online enquiry/issue form. Hopeless.

Has anyone on here experienced such a problem (with the door) ? It is hopefully something simple but paralyses the van for travel use if I can't get out of it from inside.
Alastair0811
Alastair0811

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL
Vehicle Year : 2022

Emma Metcalf likes this post

Back to top Go down

Locking/opening issue with electrics faulty? Empty Re: Locking/opening issue with electrics faulty?

Post by TonyB Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:35 am

Hi Alastair,I don't  know if your coachbuilt has the same system,but a warning sign in my van says do not lock with key fob when inside as the hab door will not open.Always use the lock button on the dashboard centre console.
Good luck Tony.
TonyB
TonyB

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Alastair0811 and Emma Metcalf like this post

Back to top Go down

Locking/opening issue with electrics faulty? Empty Re: Locking/opening issue with electrics faulty?

Post by Alastair0811 Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:05 pm

Thanks Tiny. That's interesting. I will give it a go but unfortunately I unlocked it from outside if I go into the van via the habitation door which opens from outside, I can't open it from inside when it's not locked. Perhaps I have caused an issue with the first time I locked from inside using the fob? Worth trying your suggestion though and I will certainly bear it in mind for the future. Thanks
Alastair0811
Alastair0811

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:07 pm

Alastair0811 wrote:I have what could be a simple issue but seems to have manifested itself into something more complex.

After a weekend away we discovered that the habitation door no longer opens from the inside but does from the outside. The fob locks and unlocks all the doors (including the habitation door). However when I lock the doors with the fob the central locking warning light flashes continually. It shouldn't. A technician elsewhere suggested it might be a problem with the actuator on the door. The first time we noticed the flashing light, the following day the
both batteries were flat. I have since recharged the batteries and this "seems" to have resolved that side of things. It started today after 6 weeks of none use so assume I did something else that caused the batteries to drain. I tried contacting A/S but in usual form they ignored my messages. I made contact via the A/S online enquiry/issue form. Hopeless.

Has anyone on here experienced such a problem (with the door) ? It is hopefully something simple but paralyses the van for travel use if I can't get out of it from inside.
I have and still do have problems with my habitation door but not the one you have described.  The internal handle on the habitation door has a rod that links it to the locking mechanism within the door below it.  It sounds as though the rod may have become detached.  A single screw on the internal handle allows it to be pulled out sufficiently to see if this is the case.  However, if my van was still under warranty which yours presumably is I would get your dealer (Marquis Tewksbury?) or the AS Svc Centre at Willersey to look at it.  Both aren't too far away for you.  The flashing central locking button on the dash is explained in the Peugeot manual which can be accessed here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Alastair0811 Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:44 pm

Thanks Caraman. I actually have a Fiat so will look up their manual. As you say it could be as simple as the rod being detached but I am arranging for someone to have a look at it and diagnose what the problem is. The dealer I bought it from (not Marquis) is supporting any work involved.
Alastair0811
Alastair0811

Male

Caraman and Emma Metcalf like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:51 pm

As TonyB has said, worth experimenting with the dash central locking/unlocking button to if that clears it
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down