The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

email

+2
Paulmold
AGS44
6 posters

Go down

email Empty email

Post by AGS44 Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:57 am

Does the Autosleepers firm have a email address?
AGS44
AGS44
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 5
Joined : 2024-02-21
Location : Hartlepool
Auto-Sleeper : Legend
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

email Empty Re: email

Post by Paulmold Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:09 pm

In a word , no.
I've been trying to send them an email and have tried every conceivable format . I've tried [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
sales@  contact@ (which is on their FB page but doesn't work) Michael.crouch@  geoff.scott@   geoffrey.scott@    loads of others but they all bounce back. 

I don't want to actually talk sales or technical,  just wanted to make a suggestion,  so I don't want Marquis either , I even used the Marquis enquiry form and they didn't answer either.

_________________
Nice to be important but more important to be nice
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 25698
Joined : 2011-02-21
Member Age : 72
Location : North East Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

email Empty Re: email

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:35 pm

Paulmold wrote:In a word , no.
I've been trying to send them an email and have tried every conceivable format . I've tried [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
sales@  contact@ (which is on their FB page but doesn't work) Michael.crouch@  geoff.scott@   geoffrey.scott@    loads of others but they all bounce back. 

I don't want to actually talk sales or technical,  just wanted to make a suggestion,  so I don't want Marquis either , I even used the Marquis enquiry form and they didn't answer either.

My previous contact with As have used .co.uk, not .com.

_________________
Peter L
PLOUGHLIN
PLOUGHLIN
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 4705
Joined : 2014-06-24
Member Age : 54
Location : NORTH HERTS
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

email Empty Re: email

Post by Paulmold Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:48 pm

Just tried to resend to .co.uk  and all state 'address invalid'.

_________________
Nice to be important but more important to be nice
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 25698
Joined : 2011-02-21
Member Age : 72
Location : North East Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

email Empty Re: email

Post by rogerblack Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:02 pm

They won't want to talk to you now anyway, as your AS is older than 2010 registration:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cheers
Roger
rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 3108
Joined : 2012-09-22
Member Age : 68
Location : East Neuk, Fife / Berkshire
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

email Empty Re: email

Post by Paulmold Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:06 pm

rogerblack wrote:They won't want to talk to you now anyway, as your AS is older than 2010 registration:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I'm aware of that on their parts page, my van registered on 6th Jan 2010 but my suggestion to them is nothing model specific. 
What I have now done is sent it via the service form on the website and asked them to forward it to the relevant people. 
I've also sent my enquiry to Auto-trail , at least they still have a contact page on their website.

_________________
Nice to be important but more important to be nice
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 25698
Joined : 2011-02-21
Member Age : 72
Location : North East Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

email Empty Re: email

Post by rogerblack Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:48 pm

Paulmold wrote:
I'm aware of that on their parts page, my van registered on 6th Jan 2010 but my suggestion to them is nothing model specific. 
What I have now done is sent it via the service form on the website and asked them to forward it to the relevant people. 
I've also sent my enquiry to Auto-trail , at least they still have a contact page on their website.

Hi Paul - my reply was really aimed at the OP, whose van is shown as 1997.

Seems the days of quoting the Job No. from the glove box sticker and getting helpful assistance from AS have now gone, with the change of ownership.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cheers
Roger
rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 3108
Joined : 2012-09-22
Member Age : 68
Location : East Neuk, Fife / Berkshire
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Paulmold likes this post

Back to top Go down

email Empty Re: email

Post by Monty-Plym Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:28 pm

AutoSleepers/Marquis have changed for the worse, I think that they don't care about their customer base.  It looks like they have dramatically cut back on spares support and staff manning this department, their quality has gone down hill, they seem to have adopted the standard Corporate Model of "Take your Money and Scarper".  I doubt I would ever buy another AutoSleeper.

_________________
Reality continues to ruin my life
Monty-Plym
Monty-Plym
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 404
Joined : 2021-07-26
Location : Plymouth
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL MQ
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

email Empty Re: email

Post by v8oholic Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:45 pm

Declining service levels is the modern British way unfortunately. Did you know... if you wrote to the government department that deals with National Insurance with a query about your NI history, you won't get a reply for at least 42 weeks. Because right now, they are still processing postal enquiries received in May 2023.

I think Auto-Sleepers might be trying to restrict future support contact to Marquis dealers only, so that as a mere customer, you have to go through Marquis. Certainly they seem to be making it harder to speak to anyone.
v8oholic
v8oholic
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 1236
Joined : 2021-04-09
Location : West Berks
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

email Empty Re: email

Post by Paulmold Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:55 pm

v8oholic wrote:

I think Auto-Sleepers might be trying to restrict future support contact to Marquis dealers only, so that as a mere customer, you have to go through Marquis. Certainly they seem to be making it harder to speak to anyone.
And if you didn't buy from Marquis, then what?. I think in this day and age any company that does not have an email presence is totally out of touch with modern thinking. Contact by phone is no longer the point of contact for many but when you contact Marquis using their website contact and get no response then what?

_________________
Nice to be important but more important to be nice
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 25698
Joined : 2011-02-21
Member Age : 72
Location : North East Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

email Empty Re: email

Post by Monty-Plym Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:14 pm

Today, I have just driven past two Motorhome dealers, Highbridge near Newton Abbot and Marquis Devon at Lee Mill, both are absolutely rammed with second hand motorhomes, mainly under four years old. 

The post Covid staycation bubble has burst and a lot of new staycation buyers have sold their units and found less stressful holiday alternatives.  

The dealers were quick to take the money and offer little in the way of guidance to educate new users how to properly use a motorhome, some of the questions raised on this forum back this up, it is a crying shame that new owners are so bewildered with the intricacies of owning a Motorhome/PVC.

It is a credit to this Forum that its' contributors/supporters are willing to share their years of knowledge to help the new users but I feel that the dealerships should play a much larger support part.

Marquis and AutoSleepers have two Directors in common, as far as I am concerned they are the same company in all but Company House registration.

_________________
Reality continues to ruin my life
Monty-Plym
Monty-Plym
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 404
Joined : 2021-07-26
Location : Plymouth
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL MQ
Vehicle Year : 2020

Paulmold and Tinwheeler like this post

Back to top Go down

email Empty Re: email

Post by AGS44 Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:31 pm

Well it certainly seems as though they don't want to know anyhting from owners. Thanks for all the interest.I think I will just stay with the Forum.
I've put the Motorhome in to get the cambelt changed.
AGS44
AGS44
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 5
Joined : 2024-02-21
Location : Hartlepool
Auto-Sleeper : Legend
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

email Empty Re: email

Post by v8oholic Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:40 pm

Paulmold wrote:
And if you didn't buy from Marquis, then what?. I think in this day and age any company that does not have an email presence is totally out of touch with modern thinking. Contact by phone is no longer the point of contact for many but when you contact Marquis using their website contact and get no response then what?
I totally agree. I suppose they would say it doesn’t matter if you didn’t buy from them. You can still pick up the phone and talk to the service manager or something. What they would really like is to sell you a newer van of course.
v8oholic
v8oholic
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 1236
Joined : 2021-04-09
Location : West Berks
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum