The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacing marker lights

5 posters

Go down

Replacing marker lights Empty Replacing marker lights

Post by joeirish Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:28 pm

I need to replace one of the rear marker lights on my 2013 Broadway EK. It is a Jokon 0205019. The one on the front is similar but with a white lens. Does anybody know if it is possilbe just to get the LEDs for this as the plastic cover is totally fine and I do hate just throwing away good plastic, especially in this day and age. Thanks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
joeirish
joeirish

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Replacing marker lights Empty Re: Replacing marker lights

Post by Al2O3 Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:50 pm

Hi Joe,
I've got a 2012 Nuevo and one of my rear markers went out. I replaced both earlier this year. They are 'sort of' sealed units, so unfortunately you have to replace the whole thing. I say sort of because the originals were just filled with white silicone sealer then fitted to the camper. It would be a tough job to dig the silicone out. he replacements I bought came as properly sealed units, so should last a lot longer I hope! I could try and find where I bought them from if it would help.
Al2O3
Al2O3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EL
Vehicle Year : 2012

joeirish likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by joeirish Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:57 pm

Al2O3 wrote:Hi Joe,
I've got a 2012 Nuevo and one of my rear markers went out. I replaced both earlier this year. They are 'sort of' sealed units, so unfortunately you have to replace the whole thing. I say sort of because the originals were just filled with white silicone sealer then fitted to the camper. It would be a tough job to dig the silicone out. he replacements I bought came as properly sealed units, so should last a lot longer I hope! I could try and find where I bought them from if it would help.
Thanks for the reply. Actually with my lights the cover came off leaving the LED lights still attached to the cable. So that was why I thought it might be possible to just get the lights replaced. Anyway it would be good to find out where you got yours from it you can find the information. Cheers.
joeirish
joeirish

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Al2O3 Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:53 pm

Hi Joe,
sorry, I didn't explain very well earlier. My cover came off too, but the electronic bit had just been covered in silicone and then pushed in to the lens cover.
The screws through to the body work seemed to be the only way the back was held on to the unit. The silicone hadn't kept the water out, so I wanted to replace with a sealed unit.

This is what I bought
I got them off [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

EDIT
I didn't go off which motorhome they fitted. I checked the dimensions in the picture on the Ebay listing and they matched the unit I had taken off, the recess in the top of the motorhome and the pitch between the screw holes was the same.
Al2O3
Al2O3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EL
Vehicle Year : 2012

joeirish likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by joeirish Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:10 pm

Thanks A1203. The same as mine and I've now ordered replacements.
joeirish
joeirish

Male

Al2O3 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Marsh Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:12 pm

Try [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I got front ones from them this week (they also have an ebay store which is cheaper...
Nick Marsh
Nick Marsh

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by joeirish Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:14 pm

Nick Marsh wrote:Try [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I got front ones from them this week (they also have an ebay store which is cheaper...
Thanks. Just bought from thier eBay shop.
joeirish
joeirish

Male

Al2O3 and Nick Marsh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chrsfrm Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:19 pm

Hi guys, Sorry to jump on this old thread BUT......Just cleaned my two from markers, noticed that BOTH had only two of the four LED's illuminated. If only one did this then I would assume that it was faulty but as they both did I am unsure if only two should light up. Can you remember (or check for me) how many should be lit. I note that all four light on the rears. Many thanks.
chrsfrm
chrsfrm

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by gbrchill Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:13 am

joeirish wrote:
Thanks. Just bought from thier eBay shop.

Was it an easy replacement? Just wondered if it is just a matter of pulling out enough wire to plug the new one in or if the connection requires access from inside the motorhome to make the connection? Also, any hints on how to remove the old one, my Broadway has just failed an MOT and I have ordered the replacement. Having removed the screws the broken one wouldn't budge, although it is currently cold and wet and there isn't much to get a purchase on.

:) Chris.
gbrchill
gbrchill
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadeway EK LT
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down