The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement Habitation Window Blinds

5 posters

Go down

Replacement Habitation Window Blinds Empty Replacement Habitation Window Blinds

Post by aldhp21 Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:24 pm

Hi,.

I have a 2017 Broadway FB and recently, due to fireworks frightening my 2 border terriers, they ripped the blind in the lounge area on the passenger side of the van. I'M assuming that these shouldn't be too difficult to replace myself. I've tried searching youtube and various web pages to try and source the replacement parts but I'm struggling to find the right ones.

Can anybody help and point me in the right direction of the correct part that I need and any instructional videos.

Thanks in advance.
Alan
aldhp21
aldhp21

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Replacement Habitation Window Blinds Empty Re: Replacement Habitation Window Blinds

Post by Alwaysurfing Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:48 pm

We melted ours above hob - no parts available whole window blind unit replaced
Alwaysurfing
Alwaysurfing

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Replacement Habitation Window Blinds Empty Re: Replacement Habitation Window Blinds

Post by Eltel Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:24 pm

I also have a problem in my 2017 Nuevo EK with the mosquito needs re tensioning as it just hangs loose.

Any help in how to fix it would be most appreciatedĀ 

Terry
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:28 am

Eltel wrote:I also have a problem in my 2017 Nuevo EK with the mosquito net part of the blind needs re tensioning as it just hangs loose.

Any help in how to fix it would be most appreciatedĀ 

Terry
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

ALLAN 14 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:20 pm

I am not sure if you’re blinds are the same as the ones in our Rienza because of the age difference but when the fly screen lost its tension I found the little plastic bracket that locked the roller in tension had broken.
To replace it the inner frame had to be taken off. I did post about the job some time ago but just getting the inner frame off was not easy because of the location of the mounting screws.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Replacement Habitation Window Blinds Empty Habitation door blind Suffolk

Post by ALLAN 14 Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:18 pm

I have the same problem with the blackout blind silver /grey, on my Suffolk. I have tried AS spares dept to no avail have also trawled the net for the material which needs to be approx 1 meter long.
I am in negotiations with a conventional house blind supplier to get
a sample of the material which they use if the material is suitable I will let you all know. I've never taken a blind apart before it surely cant be that hard. All the plastic bits seem to be availiable on Ebay/Amazon but you need to see the broken bits as no one seems to publishparts lists with pictures. Will keep you in the loop.Have a Happy Christmas one and All
ALLAN 14
ALLAN 14

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Suffolk
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down