The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello

+3
Dave Gee
Askit
Mayfield4
7 posters

Go down

Hello Empty Hello

Post by Mayfield4 Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:28 pm

We have been keen caravaners for 20yrs and making the transition to a Motorhome makes us a little nervous. The main reason for making the switch is that we are now retired and want to do some tours around the UK and Europe and believe it will be easier with the motorhome.
Our preferred way of caravanning has always been Rallying with our owners club, CL,s and CS,s and hopefully we will be able to use the motorhome in the same manner.
I look forward to reading the forum with interest.
Mayfield4
Mayfield4

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2024

Back to top Go down

Hello Empty Re: Hello

Post by Askit Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:46 pm

Welcome to the forum allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Gee Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:04 pm

Hi there - welcome to the forum.
Dave Gee
Dave Gee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:20 pm

Hi Mayfield. You’re following a path many of us have taken from canvas to caravan to MH. Enjoy it.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:46 pm

Hi Mayfield
Welcome to the forum from Bridington.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:21 am

Mayfield4 wrote:We have been keen caravaners for 20yrs and making the transition to a Motorhome makes us a little nervous. The main reason for making the switch is that we are now retired and want to do some tours around the UK and Europe and believe it will be easier with the motorhome.
Our preferred way of caravanning has always been Rallying with our owners club, CL,s and CS,s and hopefully we will be able to use the motorhome in the same manner.
I look forward to reading the forum with interest.
Like you I had over 25 years as a caravan owner, I took the plunge in 2012 to purchase my first motorhome.

After having had two secondhand motorhomes (Burstner & Knaus) I decided to buy a new Autosleeper Nuevo EK

All through my caravan days I had used both CAMC & CCC sites and the occasional private site.

I now very rarely stay on either, but still am a member of the CMAC so I am able to use CLs and CMAC rallies and holiday rallies.

The best thing I ever did was to join the Autosleepers Owners Club (ASOC) who organise around 10 or more rallies each year all over the UK and even at least one abroad.

I can highly recommend the ASOC where you will meet a great group of knowledgeable Autosleepers owners.

Hope to see you the rally field soon.

Terry
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:58 pm

Hi and welcome from our corner of Lincolnshire. We never had the urge to move from tents and trailer tents into caravans. Towing a caravan and then spending time setting up on site wore thin with the trailer tent so we moved to van life followed by the current Rienza. It’s great to pull onto a pitch and put the kettle on whilst others struggle setting up especially if it’s raining. rainyday
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum